jself8582

Final Cut Pro to Edit Photos?

Hi everyone, 

I've been learning Final Cut Pro to make more professional movies, but I have a quick question regarding still photos.  I know how to add still photos to a video timeline, and incorporate them into a video... that's not what I'm inquiring about.  Rather, if I wanted to apply color correction to a still photo, and then save it as a new updated photo (not a video), can I do that within FCP?  If so, how?

Thanks. 

I suppose you can do that. Add a color correction effect to the still in the timeline and apply your corrections. Then use the export/share feature in FCP X to choose the option that says "Still image" and it will have you export a still file. This is meant for exporting still frame grabs from videos but it sounds like it should serve your purpose.

I would never recommend using Final Cut with the intended purpose to be editing stills. It is so limited in the corrections and adjustments it can make for stills so there is much better software out there that has algorithms customized for stills. Even iPhoto/Photos does a better job with stills than Final Cut.

• Like 1