Hello! Just so I know the right way to go about commenting and providing feedback... the point of this video or your use for it, is to just showcase the footage you shot on the lighthouse project? It is not meant to serve as a full standalone demo reel of your/your company's capabilities, correct?

Happy new year,

Christian

Its actually a little bit of both. I want to showcase the footage but would like for it to serve as a temporary demo reel while I am still gathering other footage to comprise a more professional demo reel. I am open to any feedback you can give me Christian. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

OK cool, in that case, there aren't a ton of comments for me to make now since the whole video is on one subject (a very nice one, though). So, I'm sure you already know, but for your actual reel when you do it, a large mixture and variety of shots will make it dynamic, the way a reel should be.

I really like the music in this piece. It serves the point of the video very well, nice and smooth, not too crazy. The shots of the lighthouse are well composed and edited together with a fine flow for the point of this video. Two specific comments...

1.)  You might be able to play with the color correction a little more and increase the saturation and contrast to really make it all pop. Not too much though, then it is overkill.

2.)  One of the shots had a noticeably non-level horizon. A few of the other shots may have a had a horizon line that was slightly off. See if you can find these shots, and adjust them appropriately in post. This is one of the benefits of post-production, that you can make adjustments to fix issues that occur in shooting. Of course, the best solution is to film stuff perfectly from the beginning but that will just come with practice!

Nice work, and nice footage! Really looking forward to seeing some of your other projects soon and to seeing a full demo reel with this content in it.

Happy new year,

Christian

Hi Jack,

I have looked at your video but when I go to dropbox now it says it can;t be viewed but downloaded.

So I'll go by memory. 

MY first impression was the color saturation. Looked as if it was shoot in RAW  footage like a camera DNG file. You can see Christian commented on the color saturation. Be interested to know your Drone video settings.

Are you flying a P4?

Opening section would be nice to have some fadein/fadeout text stating the Lighthouse name, location, etc. so the subject matter is clear. 

Suggestion would be to add transitions/events between your edits. Even a simple cross fade would be a nice impact.

Start developing your branding to use for your work. Intro's and exits to your work, like logo, slogan, hip video background and then on the exit your logo and contact credentials, etc.

Did you use "Point of Interest"  flying in any of your footage?

Nice work. 

RG

If you click (you might have to double click) on the clip you want to rotate, and choose the effect controls tab in the viewer, there is an expandable menu called "Motion" with a sub-option called "Rotation" when you open it up. That is the setting you want. Let me know if you find it.

@Christian Tucci@RG@Alan Perlman

Here is the final cut of my video. I added some transitions and adjusted the saturation and color in most of my shots. I also adjusted the horizon in my opening shot because that was the only time it was noticeable to me. Thanks again for all your help and feedback gentlemen. It is sincerely appreciated and I am looking forward to completing many more projects.

Don't want to put the cart before the horse but I may have a few golf courses who are showing interest in having videos made. I would love to have that opportunity so send some good vibes my way! Happy flying gents!

• Like 2