Hello Friends,

I notice that WARNING 'HOME POINT NOT RECORDED'  appears of my iPad air app screen even though the voice suggests Home Point is now Activated & the map shows location...

Is this something I should be concerned about when flying. Note: I am a newbie just got less the a handful of hours under my belt mainly due to bad weather conditions.

ALSO: on the flight record under LOCATION only 'Map Loading' after each flight appears & when I first started out the NAME of location showed.

This seems a good place to air my many question as I experience my flying encounters.

Hope you experienced professional can lend a helping hand.

Thank you.

PressMan

• Like 1

@Pressman that message should go away when you start your motors; can you confirm?

Also, you wrote the below, but I can't make any sense of your question. What are you asking, exactly? Please be specific.

12 hours ago, Pressman said:

ALSO: on the flight record under LOCATION only 'Map Loading' after each flight appears & when I first started out the NAME of location showed.

Thanks Alan...yes it disappears from screen when you start up..

flight record under LOCATION only 'Map Loading'

You know when you go to your Flight Record on iPad it shows Map Loading NOT the name of the place like 'Galway'

When I first started out it recorder place name.

Cheers,

• 4 months later...
On January 26, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Pressman said:

Hello Friends,

I notice that WARNING 'HOME POINT NOT RECORDED'  appears of my iPad air app screen even though the voice suggests Home Point is now Activated & the map shows location...

Is this something I should be concerned about when flying. Note: I am a newbie just got less the a handful of hours under my belt mainly due to bad weather conditions.

This seems a good place to air my many question as I experience my flying encounters.

Thank you.

PressMan

Not sure what you are flying but are you setting your compass (calibrating) before you fly?

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2016 at 10:12 AM, Pressman said:

Hello Friends,

Thank you.

PressMan

Could it be you're losing signal and it's trying to re-establish it's settings?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I would be curious if you took it out fly in a big open area take the bird up fly about 10-15ft from you and return home if it would come back. may try that. Maybe there is no issue it would be a good idea to test a couple of times. my p3s sometimes says the home point is set but that could be 15 minuets into flight and still will return home prior to it saying anything.

• Like 1