SkkyView

Aerial mapping and 3d modeling course

I seen this morning that there is going to be a course offered by icarus aerials. I wanted to know how I can take this course. I have direct experience working with lidar and photogrammetry data and data alignment and post-capture processing and am very interested in using that tech combined with a drone to produce a huge value added product for clients. So does anyone know how to get into this course?

Edited by SkkyView
  • Like 3

I

7 hours ago, Lewis@IcarusAerials said:

@SkkyView I'd watch out for an email tomorrow ;). Let me know if you are still looking for a way in if you don't see something by tomorrow night!

I will keep my eyes open

• Like 1

Hi Alan , Lewis , and Trevor.

I recently enrolled in your new course and I think you guys have done a fantastic job.!

I am just about to start a new Aerial mapping business in Australia and I have found your course to be very informative and easy to follow. The course was exactly what I needed to study and it has pushed me in the right direction regarding industry products and information.!

Well done guys and I look forward to more presentations from UAV Coach and ICARUS.!.

Cheers,Greg.

• Like 1

Thank you guys at Icarus Ariels and UVA coach. I enjoyed the course and your presentation. Are you planning on adding more to this course? Have you considered adding an additional course regarding specific sUAS business practices? I would be interested in knowing more about how to choose an appropriate insurance agency for my UAV and accompanying system. It would be valuable knowledge to know what the sUAS system is covered for including personal protection, property protection, system protection as well as protection for deliverables. Other chapters could include issues such as: how to find clients, what contracts should contain, what to collect for payment and how, protecting your deliverable from theft and what kind of lawyers should you have on retainer should you need one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sunbladerr said:

Thank you guys at Icarus Ariels and UVA coach. I enjoyed the course and your presentation. Are you planning on adding more to this course? Have you considered adding an additional course regarding specific sUAS business practices? I would be interested in knowing more about how to choose an appropriate insurance agency for my UAV and accompanying system. It would be valuable knowledge to know what the sUAS system is covered for including personal protection, property protection, system protection as well as protection for deliverables. Other chapters could include issues such as: how to find clients, what contracts should contain, what to collect for payment and how, protecting your deliverable from theft and what kind of lawyers should you have on retainer should you need one.

Working on it :)

Hey Guys, 

I just finished the course and am very happy with the content. I will point out a couple of quick things to the instructors, though, if you don't mind. I am a professional pilot and take a lot of on line courses throughout the year, so I have seen the good and bad. 

@Trevor - Icarus I don't remember the subject, but there was a discussion in the shop, and you did not have shoes on. @Lewis@IcarusAerials I highly recommend you reshoot that topic.I know there was at least one topic in the shop that this was an issue for me, but I'd have to go verify. It was very distracting for me, and I'm sure other people also will notice. They may not say anything, but that is your brand out there. At $300+ for the course, that is not the image you want to portray, I assume.

When you went on site and had the tutorial, there were times when the audio was very hard to hear. I understand you were on a job site, but it it very hard to understand some of what Trevor is saying. In the future, ensure you are mike'd up or are facing the cameras to get good sound. Also, if one is in safety gear, both need to be in safety gear. That's just a given. I know you weren't on the actual job site, but either both or neither of you should be in safety gear. It's just my opinion.

One last thing, the link from the actual course web site at the bottom says students join the discussion or something similar. The link takes you to the alumni discussion, and is not available to students @Alan Perlman. I don't know if that is on your end or the instructors but something to think about. I sent a reply to the link provided on the error message with no response. I am now "alumni" and still have no access to the discussion.

Like I said in the beginning, I highly appreciate the topic, and learned a ton from it. Those are my inputs to the course. I hope you take them in the positive way they are meant (other than the no shoes one...haha come on).:D

• Like 1

@Txpilot, thanks for taking the time to post.

I'll make sure @Trevor - Icarus and @Lewis@IcarusAerials get that feedback. We've been talking about upgrading the course / doing a re-shoot for both of those reasons, and I appreciate you calling us out on the forum. You're absolutely right.

And the forum access is a clunky process that I'm trying to build much better systems around. I just gave you access to the student area, let me know if it didn't work.

Appreciate your patience as we work our way through some growing pains over here.

Feel free to reach out directly at alan@uavcoach.com if you'd like to chat more.