Home Security Drone

I just heard about this company that are planing on providing a home security system with a drone.

https://sunflower-labs.com

I wonder what the FAA will think of this ?. The drone is autonomous and geofenced into the owner's property but this is still a commercial application and so would surely require FAA approval. Also I'm sure that standard home owners insurance is not going to cover any liability in case something goes wrong with the system. I sent them an email pointing this out so will update this thread if I hear anything back from them as it is an interesting application.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 2

Fascinating article - thanks for posting it.  I doubt that it will appear in the U.S. for quite a while.  No PIC and obviously it's likely going to be flying at night.  Home base is in Switzerland and their rules are different than ours but not sure how this will work in the states.  But it really does sound cool and actually useful.

• Like 1

Wow - that is fantastic.  I'm a big fan and user of Amazon (UPS may set up a sub-station at my house) and that is a neat idea. Also, no cashier errors and reduces theft.  And another thing that bothers me - people take an item off the shelf, open it, eat the contents before they get to the checkout, and the store takes the loss.  I love this stuff @Alan Perlman.

• Like 1

@Alan Perlman - I had not seen that annoucement from Amazon and I agree with Ed its fantastic. There are 2 things that make shopping in a supermarket time consuming - searching the aisles trying to find the items you need and waiting at the checkout. This solves the latter but maybe could also help you locate items. Now that would be brilliant!. 

• Like 1