Hello everyone!

I am undergoing a new build using the Tarot 680 Pro frame as my base....however I ordered the Tarot Iron Man 680 kit instead of the 680 Pro kit. Does anyone know if I can just swap the center boards/integrated PCB board from the 680 Pro kit with the stock Iron Man 680 kit? That way I don't have to buy a second kit. Secondly, has anyone had experience using a Canon S110 or S120? I'm planning on using this as my imaging sensor. Finally, does anyone know where to find inexpensive gimbals or gimbal kits that will support the size of an S110/120 or any other digital camera for that matter?

I greatly appreciate the help in advance!!

-Cody

On 1/5/2017 at 11:27 AM, cbecker301 said:

Hello everyone!

I am undergoing a new build using the Tarot 680 Pro frame as my base....however I ordered the Tarot Iron Man 680 kit instead of the 680 Pro kit. Does anyone know if I can just swap the center boards/integrated PCB board from the 680 Pro kit with the stock Iron Man 680 kit? That way I don't have to buy a second kit. Secondly, has anyone had experience using a Canon S110 or S120? I'm planning on using this as my imaging sensor. Finally, does anyone know where to find inexpensive gimbals or gimbal kits that will support the size of an S110/120 or any other digital camera for that matter?

I greatly appreciate the help in advance!!

-Cody

I've been looking into using something other than a GoPro for my 550 build and came across this gimbal.

http://www.helipal.com/storm-pro-3-universal-3-axis-gimbal.html

I don't know how good it is as I don't own one but hopefully for $600 it is very good. You might also want to check with these guys on your Tarot 680 pro issue that you have as they sell these.

Note. I just read that the gimbal handles cameras weighing 350 - 600 g and since the S110 is about 200g I guess it not a good match.

The issue that I am having in selecting a camera/gimbal is the lack of camera integration with the flight controller. For example I would like to have the flight controller trigger the camera shutter and add geo tags to the images. I am currently looking into using a Raspberry Pi for this purpose but would be interested if you have checked into any solutions.

Edited by Spitfire76
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply, I stumbled across that gimbal in particular, but the price seemed a bit steep to me given there is a significant number of gimbals under $200 or so. Most gimbals that I've found for anything outside of the GoPro Camera seems to have little information about gimbal/camera integration, although I've read it's possible. One gimbal I found online was this one, it seems to be generic with no official name to it and doesn't include the gimbal motors.

I measured both the Tarot 680 Pro board and the Iron Man 680 board and they have the same dimensions and appear to have the same hole pattern.

-Cody

• Like 2