Kirk

Food for thought on next purchase of DJI drone.

1/2/17 I added a P4P to my fleet. Wanting to support local business I purchased from a local DJI authorized hobby shop. 1/14/17 the remote control bricked during firmware update. Tried everything to get remote working, it made the wrong sounds, leds wrong colors, would not respond to manual linking, DJI assistant 2 software could not communicate with it. Like I said tried everything. Contacted hobby shop where I purchased. 3 attempts to get the shop to help me. Owner finally told me the could do nothing for me I would have to contact DJI directly for help (which I did). So my bottom line on this rant. Why buy from brick and mortar. Purchase on line save tax money if retailers will render no customer service of any kind. I personally as a drone photo business owner am speechless as to how these places can be considered dealers when as soon as your cash is turned over to the clerk your on your on. The are sales only! No service or help with DJI.

• Like 1

Sorry about your experience. I am fortunate to live close to Innovative UAS in Tempe, AZ. All my DJI purchases are from them and I'd never consider buying a DJI product from anyone else. Superb customer support! 

• Like 1

Update: After 3 days of visits, delays, and final hobby shop telling me to deal direct with DJI. Within 1 hour I had a UPS shipping tag, RMA, and instructions from DJI on how to handle my return. Went to UPS store and shipped another 30 minutes. This morning UPS tracking shows out for delivery to DJI service center in Carson, CA. Not bad!

On 1/17/2017 at 11:01 AM, Uaviator53 said:

Superb customer support!

That's what it's all about. The bar has been set so low in this industry up to this point. Love to support local businesses whenever possible but totally feel for @Kirk's experience as well.

So here's an update and it's not good. Last night received new remote from DJI, remote was shipped in a oversized generic box remote wrapped in bubble wrap and box filled with packing peanuts. The remote was slightly dirty and all of those clear protective stickers removed. I mention these things because I was assured this was going to be a NEW remote. I connected the remote to my iOS device fired up the remote then drone and tried to link. Drone would not link to remote. Noticed at this point that the DJI go 4 app switched from 4 Pro to Standard 4 each time I connected my iOS device to remote. Looked over remote carefully took note of the model number GL300C. After some searching found that this model number remote is not for my 4 Pro it's for a standard 4. DJI after 9 days of waiting sent me the wrong model remote. Today I will begin the process of contacting DJI to rectify this blunder.

Greetings,

The Drone industry is growing at a pace that (at times it appears) far exceeds its ability to keep time with itself!!!

The result......... FRUSTRATION!!!!

Clear Skies,

Thanks for the information Kirk. I just found out a DJI store opened 10 minutes from my house and hopefully I won't run into those problems. But good to know that these challenges occur with the local businesses.