Simactive Correlator 3D UAV

Hey all, 

I was doing some research on various UAS photo mapping software companies. I came across Simactive Correlator 3D and Correlator 3D UAV software and wondered if anyone in the forum has used it for UAS mapping. There are options for subscriptions and full permanent purchase of the software. The permanent price for Simactive is around $2300 less than Pix4D. It looks interesting, but wasn't sure if it would be on par with Pix4D or Drone Deploy. The client list on the website is pretty extensive and includes the US Army Corps of Engineers. Let me know what you think. 

http://www.simactive.com/en 

Thanks, 

Chris 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 0:04 AM, Orangutan39 said:

Hey all, 

I was doing some research on various UAS photo mapping software companies. I came across Simactive Correlator 3D and Correlator 3D UAV software and wondered if anyone in the forum has used it for UAS mapping.

Correlator3D works great for us. So does Pix4D. The difference between the two is Pix4D works on any OpenGL compliant GPU but the overall lifetime cost to buy the software is more expensive. Correlator3D requires both OpenGL and OpenCL 1.1 + support to run (OpenCL is an Apple API I believe) but, the cost, even buying a GPU that will run the software (FirePro W7100) is a less expensive option.

Either solution will work if you have a workstation beefy enough to do the processing or the time to spend waiting for the final product.

• Like 1