Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to the drone world. I started to take an interest in them sometime last year. Since then I have completely immersed myself in information surrounding the commercial uses of it. I am currently studying for my remote pilot exam and I have also just purchased my first (other than my mini drone) drone, the Mavic pro. I am excited to be apart of a community such as this and look forward to learning and growing within in this new and exciting market.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome @mayaharris.  I'm sure you're well aware, but be careful about where you fly up there.  The DC area has the most restrictive airspace in the USA so as you study for the exam, I would concentrate on understanding airspace before you begin flying.  There's a lot of agencies up there that don't have a sense of humor!  Good luck and Fly Safe.

Here's a link to FAA regarding the DC "no drone zone"  https://www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/no_drone_zone/

• Like 1