I am very interested in drones and have a phantom 4 myself. My question involves what kind of requirements the FAA is going to require in the future for jobs like flying commercially? Also which schools are best geared to prepare you for these requirements? Finally, what kind of time table are we looking at for commercial integration of drones in the national airspace? I.e. Amazon delivery, google/ ups/FedEx? Drones transporting people? 

Thanks any info helps,
Alex

Right now, the requirements for commercial flight can be found here: https://www.faa.gov/uas/

Check out Drone Pilot Ground School - I highly recommend it - does a great job at prepping you to pass the FAA test. If you are looking at traditional college courses, you might consider ones that deal with math, mapping/surveying, etc.

Even if I had a crystal ball, it would still be hazy for timetables on the other items you asked about. 

• Like 1

I would also agree to check out Drone Pilot Ground School it will give you the information needed to pass the FAA test as mentioned above..............Very well put together and learn at your own pace.

practice-practice,,,,, since you are flying the phantom 4 learn everything about it,find a very open area and test out ALL its functions so that they all become natural to you to use.  Follow all the laws and regulations in your area and have fun, best of luck.

keep on the forum, read and ask questions.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 5:48 PM, Air One said:

practice-practice,,,,, since you are flying the phantom 4 learn everything about it,find a very open area and test out ALL its functions so that they all become natural to you to use.  Follow all the laws and regulations in your area and have fun, best of luck.

keep on the forum, read and ask questions.

What @Air One said :) We're here if you have specific questions.