Alan Perlman

GoPro Gearing Up for "Karma" Drone Launch?

Yeah not sure what to think - that footage could have been shot with anything at this stage. I don't think they are builidng enough hype - eyes are still on DJI and their next move. GoPro will be good to compete with the Parot and smaller recreational drones but I don't think it will go well in the prosumer market.

6 hours ago, Rylan Loemker said:

Yeah not sure what to think - that footage could have been shot with anything at this stage. I don't think they are builidng enough hype - eyes are still on DJI and their next move. GoPro will be good to compete with the Parot and smaller recreational drones but I don't think it will go well in the prosumer market.

It's tough to enter the market at this point with so many established manufacturers and spec expectations. That said, the sUAS industry is in its nascent stages. If GoPro can offer something a little different and wedge themselves in with the leaders (not in volume at first, but backpacking off their already household brand), then they might have an honest shot at doing something great in the sUAS industry.

I have no doubt that the Karma will be a solid contender...I only hope that it's enough and that GoPro is making a conscious effort to stand out and to push things forward.

GoPro has taken a lot of my money, though recently so has DJI.

GoPro has got build a better drone than the Solo (not hard to do) to have a chance at breaking in to the drone market.

GoPro has shot them selves in the foot over and over again in the UAV market. Not allowing 3rd party access to camera controls cost them their relationship with DJI and nearly tanked the Solo before it ever got off the ground. GoPro used to be standard for ariel video, but GoPro would not listen or least was incapable of acting on consumer demands and has lost a lot of ground.

If Intel or another major financial backer wants to capitalize on the GoPro name, helping them to build a better product maybe.

I really think it is going to require a non GoPro management team to make the Karma fly.

• Like 1