Delivering End Product to Customers

New to the industry and am curious what the best way is to deliver work to customers after post production is completed. I'm absolutely clueless on what is commonly used or done to deliver work in the most professional and efficient way. Also, if your looking to send work that's up to 5.2K, does sending that type of file differ vs. sending smaller files with 5.2K being such a large file to send? 

It depends on the file size. DVD work up to 5GB (dual side would get you 10GB), Bluray can hold 30GB I think but not everyone has a bluray drive in their computer. If they are averse to share sites, then you have to go with portable drives, something from WD can hold pretty much anything, they are economical and should be included in the cost you bill the client.

Hi @CDS, great question. Ultimately, it depends on the kind of customer and this should definitely come up in the sales process. Easy thing is to have some kind of cloud-based storage with easy sharing like DropBox. Uploading to YouTube on a client's behalf is an option as well, but would you be uploading to your own account? Or to theirs? Do they need you to set up an account for them? Unlimited number of options, just make sure to communicate clearly with the client ahead of time re: deliverability.

• 2 months later...

Hi

If you are dealing with real estate agents I find the best way is to put the pictures and videos on a dvd an deliver it that way. But in addition to that you most likely will need to post your videos to either Youtube or a service like Vimeo so that you can get a link and the embed codes they will need to post the videos up to MLS sites or their own company web sites. Youtube is the easiest and it is free so that is what we are currently using, starting your own channel on youtube is very easy and uploading the files pretty simple, once uploaded you just go the video and click on the share button and the link and embed codes are provided for you to copy and just send them to your client.

Jim

flybystudios8.com

Aloha,

I pay for a Vimeo PRO account, which gives ample upload space for large video files.  I send the link to the client, and they can download from there as needed, in multiple resolution options (you can unlock downloads in the settings menu of the video).

Because realtors often are NOT tech savvy, they tend to use my Vimeo hosting as their direct link to their listings.  It's clean, it's easy, no pop-up ads, beautiful streaming and ease of use for the client.

Hope this helps,

Jonathon