Hello!

Id love to hear what software people use to edit their video and pictures after filming. I use Final Cut Pro X. I'd like to know what else is out there?

Id also love to hear from people that use Final Cut Pro X on how it's working out for them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using Adobe Premier Elements.  Kind of a scaled down version on Premier Pro.  Does a great job and doesnt require the processing power Premier Pro CC needs.  I would say based on my experience, minimum PC to use Premeire elements....i5 with 8gb RAM.  Mac or PC.  Comes with both when you purchase it.  

Edited by Mickey Pullen

I have been using DaVinci Resolve 12.5 by Blackmagicdesign.  There are 2 versions - a free version and the Studio version.  The free version has 99% of all the functions you will ever need.  Recently at NAB, they released a beta version of DaVinci Resolve 14.  I have found it to be very stable and it has a number of new features.  Many users of Premier Pro and Final Cut X have been using DaVinci Resolve to do their color grading, but with this new version, I think it will now be regarded as an excellent editor also.  

• 2 weeks later...

I use both Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro when I'm editing my videos. Both are very powerful software that can do just about anything. In my opinion, Final Cut is simpler to use, and I will use it for my smaller projects with a shorter turnaround time. On the other hand, if you can get the Creative Cloud subscription, you have access to a handful of products which can be useful in post-production. For example, I will use Adobe Lightroom to color correct all of my still images, and I use Adobe After Effects to add special effects or stabilize my footage. Long story short, you can't go wrong. The only thing that matters at this point is how skillfully and efficiently you can use each software, and the difficulty to learn new techniques for editing.

I'd love to see some of your work!

Justin

• 4 weeks later...