MV22Pilot

Current start to finish 333 exemption timeline

The process is out of control. It is like a horror story you hear in other countries where it takes a year to file the proper paperwork to start a company. The company we hired to handle ours turned around and wanted us to pay more to fly under their 333 when we asked what was taking so long. Talk about a conflict of interest. If you do hire someone, be careful on who you choose.

I've been waiting for some time.  My 333 Request was published in mid October after submitting it in to regulations.gov in June-July.  

This takes much longer that 120days.

The process from initial submission to public docket number was very quick for me. I submitted it on 15 Jan 2016 and it was given a public docket number on 27 Jan 2016. I guess I just lucked out that day. Now I guess the wait begins. One thing I have noticed is that I've submitted proprietary documents and none of them have shown up in my docket folder and I haven't received any confirmation of submission. Oh well, I attribute it to a case of overwhelming conditions being experienced by the FAA.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=FAA-2016-2574

Hi Flying Monkey,
Based on what you said, I would contact the person/company that filed for you and ask about the other docs? As I've been waiting since first of the year...  I did see all my document information and the other 13 attachments/docs that go with it! I really hope to have it around summer possibly? (June/July) Good LUCK & Happy Waiting!

On 2/5/2016 at 8:45 AM, Lewis@IcarusAerials said:

The process is out of control. It is like a horror story you hear in other countries where it takes a year to file the proper paperwork to start a company. The company we hired to handle ours turned around and wanted us to pay more to fly under their 333 when we asked what was taking so long. Talk about a conflict of interest. If you do hire someone, be careful on who you choose.

Some of these companies are making a killing in this desperate market. The truth is that a 333 application you write has exactly the same likelihood of being approved as one you pay thousands for, and no one can fast-track the process.

Edited by Uaviator53

On 2/5/2016 at 9:45 AM, Lewis@IcarusAerials said:

FAA: "We're not happy till you're not happy"

• Like 2