EricB

Industry standard rates

Hey everybody. I've started a new aerial videography business in Colorado. I'm putting together a fee schedule for a prospective client and want to be sure I'm within the range of others doing the same thing. I'm not necessarily looking for exact rates, but I don't want to be the company that is under-charging and bringing the industry standard rates down. From some things I've read elsewhere, I was thinking about $250 -  $500 for 5 - 10 pictures and 1 battery flight time. $750 for raw video and $1000+ for edited video and multiple battery usage. This is for a company in the construction industry that wants a time lapse video and I'd amend the pricing for multiple visits. I've scanned through the forum to see if something similar has been asked, but didn't see it. I really appreciate that this forum exists and thank you in advance for any insights you all are able to provide.

Hi Eric,

If you are simply delivering 10, unedited photos, $500 would be what I consider the high end, you might get away with $250. Same for video, Maybe $500 for one video that consumes one battery flight time, unedited. Once you get into photo/video editing, then you can start charging more. 

For reference, DroneBase charges people $100-50, delivers edited photos plus a stitched VR and provides web hosting.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there... for real estate companies, many of them have fixed budgets to spend on things like aerial videos. Some of these budgets are reasonable, some are not. I am sure you will run into this.