eColumbia99

FPV long range - 10 miles

Does anyone know of a uav system that can maintain a FPV view over 10 - 15 miles? The terrain will likely be difficult to maintain a signal such as having lots of hills.

1 hour ago, eColumbia99 said:

Does anyone know of a uav system that can maintain a FPV view over 10 - 15 miles? The terrain will likely be difficult to maintain a signal such as having lots of hills.

Predator, Reaper, Global Hawk and a host of others. Commercially available? Not many I am aware of.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. The request was by an international aid agency that was looking for a drone to scout ahead 10 miles or so during natural disasters - both for security and damage. I'll pass along that there is nothing available at this time.

It is possible to accomplish what your asking for with a civilian drone.  There are a lot of variables, it's illegal to fly BLOS in he US, what kind of payload, will the mission be flown autonomously?  Etc.. 

We flew 3000 acres of beach front searching for turtle poachers in Costa Rica, and searched for Whales in Hawaii.  Both of these projects produced some great proof of concepts.  We work with environmental engineering organizations when we can, they typically can't afford this technology or they're funded through a variety of grants that can only buy off the shelf (COTS).

I'd be interested in learning more.

• Like 1