Hello,

I found this article yesterday (and the attached draft proposal) and am curious what others think.  Why would such legislation be necessary?  Part 91 general aviation is not subject to the same tracking, hacking, DESTRUCTION circumstances.  More unnecessary over-reach?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/us/politics/drone-surveillance-policy.html

Draft-Drone-Hacking-Destruction-Proposal.pdf

1 hour ago, victorbravo77 said:

I found this article yesterday (and the attached draft proposal) and am curious what others think.  Why would such legislation be necessary?  Part 91 general aviation is not subject to the same tracking, hacking, DESTRUCTION circumstances.  More unnecessary over-reach?

Moral of the story: the government can surveil you but you can't surveil the government. Well, you can but the cost and penalties are rather high....

11 hours ago, Up Sonder said:

This is just a draft being passed around DC right now. There are a lot of things you could interpret from it. But I would like to see if it actually amounts to anything. Also I wonder what the FAA would think about it?

My understanding is that a new rule would have to comport with other existing laws.  I think it would place a larger burden of responsibility on the Administrator.  I also note the existing rules for FAA investigations requiring a letter of complaint or order of a court of competent jurisdiction.  Fine and dandy after the fact of your a/c being commandeered or destroyed.  Thanks for your thoughts!