Raincast

Beginner Tutorial Videos - Learn 71 Cinematic Moves/Controls/Tips/Samples

2 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

Thanks for the share, are these your videos?

Yes, they were a lot of work haha. Thanks for checking them out!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

Wow, great work with these videos.

Thank you! I hope they would be of some help to starters like me. I wish I could redo some of them, or color them differently, but whatever haha

@Raincast liked the videos! Great for see how those movements work in real life! Very helpful for new pilots.

Not sure if you work commercially, but if you do, you should put together videos like this for industry specific things like

-Top 15 drones cinematic moves to make your real estate video pop!

-Top 10 drone flight techniques for construction sites.

Stuff like that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Up Sonder said:

@Raincast liked the videos! Great for see how those movements work in real life! Very helpful for new pilots.

Not sure if you work commercially, but if you do, you should put together videos like this for industry specific things like

-Top 15 drones cinematic moves to make your real estate video pop!

-Top 10 drone flight techniques for construction sites.

Stuff like that!

Hey, I don't work commercially and have been flying this first drone for just over two months. I doubt I'd get a job this early on haha

Unfortunately, Canada has some 'temporary' strict laws right now. These blanket rules include being unable to fly 75m close to buildings.

I end up going to parks where no one is around and flying vertically from there to legally fly.

My house is too close to other houses so I can't vary my scenery haha. I'm thinking of doing one for moving objects, like bikes/vehicles with me or family/friends driving.

Thanks for checking my videos out!

@Raincast That is really too bad Canada decided to pass those rules.

From what you know, do you think they will pass new legislation that will not be so harsh? Also is there some kind of exemption for commercial use?

16 minutes ago, Up Sonder said:

@Raincast That is really too bad Canada decided to pass those rules.

From what you know, do you think they will pass new legislation that will not be so harsh? Also is there some kind of exemption for commercial use?

One of the politicians leading the laws seems to think all drones are toys and used to stalk people in their backyards. I don't know why free tourism advertising through aerial videography is hindered by the government.

Currently, restrictions are based on weight. I do hope they make distinctions between racing, leisure, videography and commercial drone use in the upcoming laws.

I heard Calgary has city by-laws that won't let you fly in it. I also heard big commercial companies in Vancouver shut down and report small aspiring drone flyers so they can keep their space.