Av8Chuck

Property Videos: Past, Present & Future

Aloha from Maui everyone!  

Today I'm sharing a video of a fairly simple property, located in Pukalani ('pooh-kuh-lah-nee) town.  There's no fancy tub, no pool, no ocean or mountain views...just an average home, a small cottage, and a few fruit trees, nestled in the heart of one of the best little towns on the island.  

People here are all about community, respect, appreciation and generally living full and happy lives.  There's not any of that 'look how much I spent on my doorknobs' stuff that comes with other communities.  Most would prefer to grow tomatoes and papayas for themselves, than to dine in the fancy restaurants, eating food from another island or country.  Honest hard working folk live here, with wholesome values and strong family heritages.

As professionals in our industry, it's up to us to go the extra mile to showcase a property for ALL that it brings to the table.  When given a simple property, it's easy to give a simple approach...wide shots of the rooms, maybe a nice cabinet or vanity, slap a few aerials on and done.  But what if we dig a little deeper?  What if we spend an extra half hour experiencing the space, without a camera in our hands?  Do you take time to sit on the lanai (y'all know 'em as 'porches') and listen to the birds, or the sounds of the town around you?  Do you spend some energy imagining that you live there, and wondering what you'd find to appreciate about the place?  What about the town around the home...do you spend some time finding treasures there to include in the video?

I realize every home isn't located in a great little town or village, and that every home doesn't have fruit trees or flowers.  The point I'm trying to convey is to slow it down just a little, and train yourself to find magic in every shoot.  That's when your product becomes a little more refined, a little more engaging, and you'll begin to notice that you can command a little more pay for your work.

Anyhow, enough of my musing, here's the vid.  Enjoy!

On 10/13/2018 at 6:13 PM, JBR LIFE Photography said:

The point I'm trying to convey is to slow it down just a little, and train yourself to find magic in every shoot.

AMEN AMEN AMEN.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 4:13 PM, JBR LIFE Photography said:

But what if we dig a little deeper?  What if we spend an extra half hour experiencing the space, without a camera in our hands?  Do you take time to sit on the lanai (y'all know 'em as 'porches') and listen to the birds, or the sounds of the town around you?  Do you spend some energy imagining that you live there, and wondering what you'd find to appreciate about the place?  What about the town around the home...do you spend some time finding treasures there to include in the video?

I realize every home isn't located in a great little town or village, and that every home doesn't have fruit trees or flowers.  The point I'm trying to convey is to slow it down just a little, and train yourself to find magic in every shoot.  That's when your product becomes a little more refined, a little more engaging, and you'll begin to notice that you can command a little more pay for your work.

I found Gold !!! Amazing job @JBR LIFE Photography ! very well done.

• Like 1