On 6/17/2019 at 12:02 AM, JBR LIFE Photography said:

Sometimes, it's just droney baloney.  This place had several structures, none of which were suitable for interior filming.  So, outdoor small drone madness for this one, with a few b-roll ground clips folded in.  Enjoy!

Very nice. Love the ground shots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Talon Six Aerial said:

Great work as always!  What made the structures unsuitable for interior shooting?

Thanks!  The structures haven't been lived in for quite some time, and pretty much looked like a haunted house inside. lol

This property was a bit tricky due to the trees, but the Mavic 2 excels in tight quarters.  

Editing tip:  I shoot with the Mavic in h.265 DLOG with sharpness at +1, contrast and saturation at -1.  I then use the DJI LUT to pull the colors out in post.  This works extremely well about 95% of the time.  

7 hours ago, Talon Six Aerial said:

This property was a bit tricky due to the trees, but the Mavic 2 excels in tight quarters.  

Editing tip:  I shoot with the Mavic in h.265 DLOG with sharpness at +1, contrast and saturation at -1.  I then use the DJI LUT to pull the colors out in post.  This works extremely well about 95% of the time.  

Great job working in not only a tight property, but tight interior space as well!  I normally don't enjoy jarring transitions, but this time it really worked well for moving between outdoor & indoor.  Love the music too, kept it vibing.  

Is that light from the new one you picked up (200w)?

Edited by JBR LIFE Photography

Thanks!  This particular client likes more upbeat music for their videos, so they have been pushing me out of my comfort zone lately (which is always a good thing).  No big deal though - SoundStripe is paying for itself!  

I didn't use the Godox 200 for this shoot.  The light was mostly a Falconeyes RX-18TD and occasionally an Aupture AL-M9.  I'm still searching for a really bright bicolor LED panel since the Godox is only 5600k.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talon Six Aerial said:

Thanks!  This particular client likes more upbeat music for their videos, so they have been pushing me out of my comfort zone lately (which is always a good thing).  No big deal though - SoundStripe is paying for itself!  

I didn't use the Godox 200 for this shoot.  The light was mostly a Falconeyes RX-18TD and occasionally an Aupture AL-M9.  I'm still searching for a really bright bicolor LED panel since the Godox is only 5600k.  

Have a look at Dracast.  Their products are not cheap, but they're fabulous.  I use a pair of bi-color 1000 LED lamps.  Can adjust color temp and brightness.  Seems to work out pretty well so far, although I've been thinking of picking up a third Dracast light, maybe one of the adjustable angle split panel units to help with super large spaces where the light seems to disappear into nothingness. lol

When booking this shoot, the client tells me the place will likely be pretty messy, as there's a family of 7 living in the home.  Together, we agreed that this would be photos only, no video, no 3D.

I show up to the shoot with only my photo kit...no gimbal, slider, 3D cam, video lights, etc.  The residents are in their car leaving, and as we entered the house, SURPRISE!  The place looked awesome. Oh crap. 

So, whatevs, I made a video anyhow. All the ground footy is hand held, stabilized a bit in post to help.  No additional lighting, just some creative post editing and awesome DR from shooting log profile.  I did what I could, check it out! 

And one more for today. I was much more prepared for this shoot. Ha! 

This particular neighborhood currently has several units listed, a few of which I shot, using upbeat music, speed ramps and quick jump cuts. Of course, I'm seeing more and more competitors use similar techniques, so I chose to shoot this one with a slow and steady theme. Hopefully it'll stand apart from the others, and remind the client that quick and flashy is a style, not a standard. 

Enjoy! 

22 minutes ago, JBR LIFE Photography said:

When booking this shoot, the client tells me the place will likely be pretty messy, as there's a family of 7 living in the home.  Together, we agreed that this would be photos only, no video, no 3D.

I show up to the shoot with only my photo kit...no gimbal, slider, 3D cam, video lights, etc.  The residents are in their car leaving, and as we entered the house, SURPRISE!  The place looked awesome. Oh crap. 

I've gotten the same from some of the homeowners who've been around when I shoot.  And the houses look incredible.  My typical response is , "Are you serious?  Do you do contract work?!?!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBR LIFE Photography said:

Inside, outside, upside, downside...all the sides.

You know, you should offer a class on shooting real estate.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

You know, you should offer a class on shooting real estate.  

Initially, I thought you were joking, because to me, I'm still learning and who am I to teach others?  But then, I thought maybe you were being sincere, and I want to make sure to appreciate that as well.

The thought has crossed my mind, but the only problem is that I don't know how to keep from inadvertently training my local competition in the process.  One thing I've been doing from time to time is screen recording some of my photo editing process.  I haven't done that with video yet, and I haven't even shared any of the vids with anyone, nor have I organized them any further than being in a folder named 'Edit Screen Recordings'.  My progress & commitment to it are laughable at best, in my mind. lol

I'm genuinely complimented by the thought, so thank you!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JBR LIFE Photography said:

Initially, I thought you were joking, because to me, I'm still learning and who am I to teach others?  But then, I thought maybe you were being sincere, and I want to make sure to appreciate that as well.

The thought has crossed my mind, but the only problem is that I don't know how to keep from inadvertently training my local competition in the process.  One thing I've been doing from time to time is screen recording some of my photo editing process.  I haven't done that with video yet, and I haven't even shared any of the vids with anyone, nor have I organized them any further than being in a folder named 'Edit Screen Recordings'.  My progress & commitment to it are laughable at best, in my mind. lol

I'm genuinely complimented by the thought, so thank you!

Hey, I live in California. You can train me :) I'm no threat to you. ( unless i buy one of these house you make look so good. ) But i do know a guy whos moving up to your area. I don't think he does real estate videos, but he does have some nice videos. Mainly 3D mapping. www.rprsolution.com 

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1