I did a new map with DD last night everything uploaded ok but it failed to process so waiting on support to help, in the mean time I have another question about lenses. If I fly @ 200ft AGL and use a Ole 45mm will the photos be clearer than using DJI 15mm flying lower @ 150ft AGL? Or should you fly higher, I know it depends on the specifics of the flight area but in general I know I will have to tweak a bit.

Auto focus I assume you want to have it enabled but what about Auto Exposure ??

Thanks in advance all.

Ronk

• Like 1

@Ronk, Let me know what the processing issue was!

What camera are you hooking this "Ole" lens to, I am not familiar with it. If you have a 4/3rds setup with an Olympus 45mm lens, I think that the vastly larger image sensor will give you a better overall product.

If you want an online calculator that will tell you exactly how many pixels/cm you will get, as well as many other details about a recommended flight, check here: https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/flight_planner

Even if your camera is not on their list, you can input focal length and resolution for it to do the math. If you give me more camera details, I would be happy to run the math for you. (You don't mention which DJI camera you have as well, they have a few!)

Thanks!

map planner.PNG

• Like 1

@Trevor - Icarus I have a Inspire 1 Pro X5 and yes it is a Olympus 45mm 

I did another flight tonight uploading now hopefully it will work this time haven't heard back from support on the other flight but will keep you informed once I find out

Edited by Ronk

Great. 

Of those two, I am extremely confident the x5 will give you drastically better results.

Also, why are you thinking X3 at 150 and X5 at 200? compare apples to apples, and fly X5 at 150 for best results.

If you are having issues with drone deploy, let us know your process, or send a link to your dataset and we will run it locally.

thanks

• Like 1

@Trevor - Icarus sorry for the confusion I am flying a Inspire 1 Pro X5 camera question will the stock DJI 15 mm give a better pic flying 150 AGL than the Olympus 45 flying @ 200 AGL  or should I fly both @  150AGL . Second flight tonight 88 images uploaded and failed again. Not sure if its the X5 being buggy as it just got supported. I will drop you a line tomorrow and get  a call with you maybe if you can. Just let me know. 

Thanks

Ronk