FykesPhotos

Real Estate Photography

Hello, my name is Don. I am a real estate photographer. Well thats what i do on the side. I am retired military. This is my second drone. I am hoping to use my new phantom 3 as part of my real estate business. I have to do a section 333 with the FAA. So if anyone here has done that I would like your help. I look forward to learning to be a better pilot and to be a bette videographer. Thank you.

Alan, Thank you for your welcome message! I have registered my drone with the FAA. I was hoping to find a generic template for real estate petition. The FAA check list shows.

Operator’s name and address; 
The specific applicable regulations from which relief is required (CFRs); 
How the operator will maintain an equivalent level of safety or no adverse impact to safety; 
How granting the exemption would be in the public interest; 
The proposed operations; and,  The make and model of the aircraft for proposed operations (aircraft manuals are not necessary).    

Then I found one [lace on the internet they wants to charge $1500.00 and will let me download the first 12 pages for free.

Can I just write a simple petition and submit it myself.

Thank you  Alan for your time.

Don 

I echo @Ricardo@skyviewai.com's comments about getting it in quickly.

Sure, a lot of people choose to file themselves, but most of those folks have the time and technical writing / legal background to be able to get it done without outside assistance.

Cheap templates are available if you want to go that route, but I have yet to see any company offering those templates with a real track record of getting them approved. The only companies who are doing it right are Gowdy Brothers (who I currently work with as an independent reseller) and DroneLaw.pro. Haven't spoken to Antonelli but know many folks use him as well.