Air space and inspections

Good morning; I am new to this but am trying to do roof inspections in south Florida. In my research, it appears that there is virtually a NFZ from Miami to West Palm Beach. I think Delray Beach and Boynton Beach have a few areas that can be flown. I see several drone companies doing inspections in the NFZ areas. How can this be? Do I need authorization, or a waiver? I would be flying at 40 AGL. Thank you for your help

1 hour ago, LookingUp said:

Good morning; I am new to this but am trying to do roof inspections in south Florida. In my research, it appears that there is virtually a NFZ from Miami to West Palm Beach. I think Delray Beach and Boynton Beach have a few areas that can be flown. I see several drone companies doing inspections in the NFZ areas. How can this be? Do I need authorization, or a waiver? I would be flying at 40 AGL. Thank you for your help

Depending upon where specifically you plan on flying you may need a COA/Waiver. Without specifics, its impossible to answer your question. I do not see any place along the coast that would prohibit you from flying though.

Capture.JPG

Wait, I see 1 class B,  2 class C and 6 or more class D along the coast from surface on up. While not technically a no-fly zone, it prevents flight without first obtaining an airspace authorization. Start filing your airspace authorization requests (not waivers) now to get them going.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Steve Bennett said:

Wait, I see 1 class B,  2 class C and 6 or more class D along the coast from surface on up. While not technically a no-fly zone, it prevents flight without first obtaining an airspace authorization. Start filing your airspace authorization requests (not waivers) now to get them going.

There probably technically is a TFR in place over where ever the Dolphins play though it is intermittent. My point was he needs to be a little more specific in his RFI in order to get an answer that is accurate. If he does start filing, make sure the request are for authorization (the first box at the top) and not waivers in order to get approval in an expedient manner.