FatedFilmsNC

Yuneec Typhoon G vs Phantom 2 w/ gimbal

Hello everyone! I am a 28 year old from Raleigh, NC and I own a small film business(mostly music, promotional, skateboarding, and corporate videos so far). I am planning on buying a drone in less than 2 weeks. My budget allows me two choices: the DJI Phantom 2 w/ Zennmuse H4-3D gimbal or the Yuneec Typhoon G, as I own a Go Pro Hero 4 Black. After weeks of grueling research, I believe I've decided on the Yuneec Typhoon G, solely because you can video stream live and see what your recording in flight, unlike the Phantom 2. I'm extremely excited to begin learning how to use and properly film with the drone, but does anybody have any input on the Typhoon G vs the Phantom 2 w/ H4-3D gimbal? Any advice would help. Thanks!!

-David Timmons

Edited by FatedFilmsNC
  • Like 1

I see here it's $799 just for the drone on Amazon, when the Yuneec and Phantom 2( which my choice is actually now between the Phantom 3 standard and the Yuneec typhoon g) are both $499. After extra batteries and essentiall accessories, the Yuneec is a little under $800. The phantom 3 standard is about the same. The 3DR Solo comes out to a little under $1000, which is more than I wanted to spend. My purpose of purchasing this drone is to mostly use it for low, stable, moving shots in my video production business, and I'm just having a very hard time determining which of the 2 would do that better/easier.

As someone with the PS3 Std i can tell you that it works very well, its UHD 2.7k video at 30 fps is crisp and clear and the gimbal creates an ultra stable video platform, its 12 MP stills are very good as well. Combine that with the ease of Intelligent orientation controls (IOC) and you will be able to create the shots you want with ease and practice. If you are dead set on utilizing the go pro though DJI Isnt the option as the camera and gimbal are not swappable without major warranty breaking work.

• Like 1