Alan Perlman

Who will be going to Interdrone in Las Vegas?

I'll be there!

In fact, I'll be leading one of the class sessions Wednesday on 'Piloting Your Drone in Hard to Fly Locations'. I'm also on the Friday afternoon panel, 'How TV News Benefits from Drones'. Stop in if you can.

On 8/9/2017 at 0:15 AM, Nicole said:

I will be coming for the first time. We are happy to showcase our new vehicle! come check us out and happy to answer any questions before the event. Looking forward to meeting you all!

https://www.flightwave.aero/edge-uas/

Nicole 

Congrats on the new drone and some solid specs. Look forward to meeting you / your team in a few weeks.

I'll be there.  

It's probably not a bad idea to schedule a place and time to meet.  These things get kind of chaotic.  If you don't schedule something the odds of running into each other are pretty slim.

It's probably a bad idea to wait to the last minute to try and schedule a meetup at Interdrone.  

What are people hoping to see or learn at Interdrone?

Let's meet at Hash House A Go Go for breakfast on Thursday morning at 7:30am. It's in the Rio and not a far walk from where the conference is being held.

First session starts at 8:45a so that should be plenty of time to mingle. I'll send out an email to everyone in this thread, likely later this afternoon.

https://www.caesars.com/rio-las-vegas/restaurants/hash-house-a-go-go#.Wack95N95sM

Breakfast is on me!

IN THE MORNING!?

I'm interested in why people are attending and what they're hoping to see or learn.

I'm only going to the exhibits to see if there's anything new or what's trending.  

Yep! Drafting an email right now.

I'm going for a number of reasons, namely team-bonding as we've brought on two new team members over the last few months, strengthening existing relationships with a lot of folks in the industry, building new ones, and meeting our students / community members.

Historically, InterDrone has been a good place to learn about product launches. Other topics I'm interested in learning more about are Public Safety, BVLOS regulations, and exploring what the training / educational opportunities are for a company like us to continue expanding our product and service offerings.

Oh, right, and LAS VEGAS.

I thought I already posted this, not that its a big deal.  Unfortunately, three of the four people I was planning on meeting with at this conference are preparing for the next hurricane so I decided not to attend Interdrone.

Curious how and if the situation in Huston and Irma effects attendance.  

Enjoy the show.

1 hour ago, Av8Chuck said:

I thought I already posted this, not that its a big deal.  Unfortunately, three of the four people I was planning on meeting with at this conference are preparing for the next hurricane so I decided not to attend Interdrone.

Curious how and if the situation in Huston and Irma effects attendance.  

Enjoy the show.

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! Was hoping to meet you face to face. Good keynotes from Michael Huerta (head of FAA) and Intel's CEO so far. Heading to the Expo hall this afternoon.

I was looking forward to that too, I almost made the trip out just for the breakfast but I have to go to Washington on Monday and have a lot to do to get ready for that trip.

What did Brian Krzanich have to say?  At AUVSI he used the drilling for oil analogy, is he staying with that or move onto something different?  

2 hours ago, Alan Perlman said:

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! Was hoping to meet you face to face. Good keynotes from Michael Huerta (head of FAA) and Intel's CEO so far. Heading to the Expo hall this afternoon.

you're right Alan,  the CEO killed it with his live drone presentation of the Falcon 8+....take my money!!!

They showed an inspection of a building, the drone locked onto a specific distance from the building,  and avoided objects in its path.  But the best part was the ability to analyze the data. They flew the building inspection twice,  removing some pieces between flights.  The image it created actually marked the differences in the two images... not relying on humans. For instance,  it showed that a small flag pole mount was removed..... very cool! 

Ok, so how was breakfast?  Where're those reports from people?  Robert, the new guy, is the only member to say anything about the show.

Oops, besides Alan... 

47 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

Ok, so how was breakfast?  Where're those reports from people?  Robert, the new guy, is the only member to say anything about the show.

Oops, besides Alan... 

Great turnout, you were missed!

The "new" guy???

Anyway...haha

I missed breakfast due to work emergencies...i still have to make a living.

The exhibit hall is fantastic; drones as far as the eye can see,  huge ones down to tiny ones. It's nice to meet the people that develop our products,  like DroneDeploy, got to talk to Mike Winn for a while. 

The highlight was the Film Festival. I hope those are shared somewhere so you all can see them.  Very inspiring and motivational.  I'm definitely submitting next year. 

I wish I could post pictures here but they are too big. 

Follow me on Facebook or Instagram for photos. 

Phoenix Drone Pros 

Hey Alan, sorry for the shameless plug...