Chrisp

Just want to say hello; I have 9 years in GIS and now I want to incorporate drone mapping along with aerial photography and perhaps orthos into my work. Recently received my Part 107 and looking into upgrading drone equipment right now to the Inspire 2 with the zenmuse x5 and the ndvi camera.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:56 PM, Chrisp said:

Just want to say hello; I have 9 years in GIS and now I want to incorporate drone mapping along with aerial photography and perhaps orthos into my work. Recently received my Part 107 and looking into upgrading drone equipment right now to the Inspire 2 with the zenmuse x5 and the ndvi camera.

Welcome to the forum Chrisp. We have been using an Inspire 1 to update our base maps in ArcGIS 10.3 for about 8 months now and we are having good results for small sized (5 acres or less) jobs. The X5 would be a good addition allowing you to operate at a higher altitude and cover more ground with the same resolution. The Inspire 2 will certainly give you more hang time with the dual batteries, but also presents challenges as far as airspace availability with DJIs latest firmware updates. Research your options carefully before making a UAS purchase and make sure you are familiar with all the limitations of the particular model. 

Thanks for joining Chrisp. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I can help you with any questions you may have in the real estate industry. Well, actually I will leave the airspace restrictions and other legal questions to Alan and the experts, but anything else I can likely help with. Have a great weekend.