Hi,

Does anyone know what settings Pix4D Capture applies to the camera (Inspire 1 X3) when using the gridded flight mission? Last time I used it, I wasnt given the option to apply manual settings. Obviously I don't want Auto Exposure etc. applied.

I am not sure what impact auto settings are having on the images

Regards,

Rylan

Hi Rylan,

You may adjust the camera angles in the settings (upper-right). Also the forward overlap could be set by dragging the slide bar. :)

Best Regards,

13 hours ago, Lewis@IcarusAerials said:

I'm not familiar what settings it applies to the camera. The app is usually a mess when I try to use it. Either won't start properly, or the mission is too big, etc.

Thanks @Lewis@IcarusAerials. I found that it got messy if you tried to run DJI Go at the same time. The Inspire has more waypoint capabilities and therefore a larger area. I attempted to change the settings in DJI Go (D-Log, auto exposure off etc.) and then switch to Pix4D Capture. But I am not sure if Capture then retains these settings because for Capture to work I need to close DJI Go.

What other automated apps have you tired, used and give the thumbs up too?

10 hours ago, Lisa said:

Hi Rylan,

You may adjust the camera angles in the settings (upper-right). Also the forward overlap could be set by dragging the slide bar. :)

Best Regards,

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for this - yeah that's the easy part!

Regards,

Rylan

On 3/1/2016 at 11:30 AM, Rylan Loemker said:

Thanks @Lewis@IcarusAerials. I found that it got messy if you tried to run DJI Go at the same time. The Inspire has more waypoint capabilities and therefore a larger area. I attempted to change the settings in DJI Go (D-Log, auto exposure off etc.) and then switch to Pix4D Capture. But I am not sure if Capture then retains these settings because for Capture to work I need to close DJI Go.

What other automated apps have you tired, used and give the thumbs up too?

Pix4d retains the camera settings if you change stuff like color profiles and exposure. However, it seems to turn off the JPG+raw option. Too bad since i want the freedom DNG gives to let us adjust images in post processing. 

In iOS, DJI have Ground Station Pro which let you make flight missions. Have you tried it?

On 1/10/2018 at 12:58 PM, LeoB said:

Pix4d retains the camera settings if you change stuff like color profiles and exposure. However, it seems to turn off the JPG+raw option. Too bad since i want the freedom DNG gives to let us adjust images in post processing. 

In iOS, DJI have Ground Station Pro which let you make flight missions. Have you tried it?

We used custom settings for a few months and also noticed that Capture overroad the raw option. The settings worked well in free flight using the GO app but were really bad operating under Capture. I recently reset everything and I am having a lot better results. 95% of our flights are autonomous operating under Capture. I will just alter the settings for manual flight from now on.