Av8Chuck

Aerial Downtown LA

Looks like they changed the restrictions on the number of pictures you can post in a thread.  Thanks Alan, I will certainly try not to abuse it.

This is actually the subject of our survey.  Can't say much about it, but it came out really well.  

14.thumb.jpg.63b4d6239767d09b1f6d09b6d2031e38.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, spacewalker360 said:

I was passing through Union Station a couple of weeks ago and really wanted to get some footage but unfortunately there was a TFR at the time because of a Dodger game. Great shot!

No TFR for us.  There's no way we would be that close to Dodger Stadium and not grab a shot..

1.jpg

• Like 2

We were doing a survey for a large construction company with about six sites throughout the area we were scanning so we never had more than a two minute transition from takeoff to survey.  It's taken three days so far!  

The first models have been rendered and they keep adding more area they want surveyed.  Plus we kind of screwed up an area so we needed to reshoot.  

Just starting out in this drone thing. I got a few questions about proceedures.

Your shots were very good.  What did you do about the 400' height restriction?   And how about the "line of sight?"   Go up, get a shot, then land and drive to a new launch sight?

All of these shots were taken while transitioning to and from the launch point.  The survey mission itself is autonomous but it's never beyond the line of sight.  

Most of the mission was flown at around 800ft MSL which was about 300-400 ft AGL.  The shots of the hi rise buildings, remember you can bee 400ft about the nearest object that you're within 400ft of.  

You also need to make sure that you don't fly over people or traffic.  In this latest picture, you can see one of the construction sites we used as a launchpad.  If you look at the other pictures you'll notice that we're mostly over construction sites or parking lots.  [Nevermind, I can't upload any more pictures, I've apparently reached my limit.  I thought this was changed]...

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:16 PM, Av8Chuck said:

Its also kind of a bummer that they have to be so small.  I have some good shots of downtown...

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, Av8Chuck said:

Uploading these really changes the color.

DOWNTOWN (2 of 6).jpg

Nice one.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, Av8Chuck said:

We had a mission in downtown Los Angeles and I thought I'd share some stills.

DOWNTOWN (1 of 6).jpg

details