Jay Green

Battery and Prop

Hey guys,

I built an f450 quadcopter model. I want to purchase another battery but I don't know how to go about choosing one. Any ideas, thoughts, or recommendations when it comes to batteries. 

Also, in my research for the right propellers for my drone I've come across two different designs. One is more rounded and smooth shaped. The other is more sharp and triangular in shape (it is this shape that I see on toy rc copters). I also see this prop shape on most youtube videos I see concerning drones. My question is does the shape of the propeller make a difference? Is one more efficient than the other?

Cheers!

On 7/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, Jay Green said:

Hey guys,

I built an f450 quadcopter model. I want to purchase another battery but I don't know how to go about choosing one. Any ideas, thoughts, or recommendations when it comes to batteries. 

Also, in my research for the right propellers for my drone I've come across two different designs. One is more rounded and smooth shaped. The other is more sharp and triangular in shape (it is this shape that I see on toy rc copters). I also see this prop shape on most youtube videos I see concerning drones. My question is does the shape of the propeller make a difference? Is one more efficient than the other?

Cheers!

I used Turnigy 3S (3 cell) 2200 mAh batteries from Hobby King on a similar size quad. Motors and ESCs will have a cell rating (S) so you will want the battery to match it. I am using APC props, they are economical ($2-$3 per prop) but stronger than the really cheap ones. They sell ones specifically for multi rotors. For that size quad I would go with something around 10 x 4.5.

http://www.apcprop.com/product_p/lpb10045mr-b4.htm

Your motor specification should indicate the recommended prop size.

Edited by Spitfire76