Sign in to follow this  
darlingr47

A few years ago I started a small video production company, CRD Multimedia LLC. I do mostly free work for non profit organizations. I have done a few commercial jobs. I also made a feature movie, BLIND VISIONS, a micro-budget thriller/horror film. I have flown manned aircraft in the past. I had a private license with an instrument and a multi engine rating. I have not flown an aircraft in many years. I got interested in flying drones last year. I recent bought a DJI Mavic which I love. I have recently got some requests for drone video work. I know you need to be a certified commercial drone pilot to charge for your services just like manned aircraft. My research led to believe this program is the best way to prepared for the exam and be a better pilot. I have taken several FAA exams in the past and they are much tougher than many people think.

16 hours ago, darlingr47 said:

I know you need to be a certified commercial drone pilot to charge for your services just like manned aircraft. My research led to believe this program is the best way to prepared for the exam and be a better pilot. I have taken several FAA exams in the past and they are much tougher than many people think.

I went through Alan's program last July/August and had no problems passing the P107 exam. There are numerous practice exams on the internet, including the one's that Alan has. If you can pass them regularly without problems or having to refer back to notes or slides, then you should be able to pass the FAA version.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

I currently own DJI Mavic Pro (bought it from https://www.aeromotus.com/product/mavic-pro/   two months ago) and I also like the quality of footage produced with this drone. As for the training question, I received it for free, by purchasing my Mavic from this online store. That is a real benefit, because I'm an inexperienced pilot and such courses gave me a lot. In any case, I think that each pilot who only starts using a drone needs the training courses. They help understand the main things and allow pilots to avoid lots of mistakes.

Edited by Alex33
mistake