thewomble

FLYING LOG

Have a SPARK UAV and use DJI GO 4 to fly the drone. All the flights are recorded in my phone. How do I download to my computer the FLYING LOG for safe keeping.  I can then clear  the records from the phone  freeing up space. THANKS

I was just looking into this the other day. I wanted to port my flight log data from one email address to another. If you are on iOS, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Android might have potential for this. Otherwise, just sync your data to the DJI cloud for safe keeping.

Thanks for the info. When you sync your files in the phone  the GROWTH OF VALUE is updated and  does it automatically sync your flights records to the DJI CLOUD.?

On 8/27/2017 at 9:15 PM, thewomble said:

Have a SPARK UAV and use DJI GO 4 to fly the drone. All the flights are recorded in my phone. How do I download to my computer the FLYING LOG for safe keeping.  I can then clear  the records from the phone  freeing up space. THANKS

Check out Airdata.com (formally "Healthy Drones")  Excellent platform and they have a free version to give it a try.

Or, Drone Log Book which I have not tried.

We have used DroneLogbook for well over a year and these guys have been awesome.  We've submitted questions to their support staff on a Friday afternoon and get a call from them a couple hours later working to resolve our issues or answer questions.  They have the best technical support hands down.   I also just started using Airdata.com, a couple days ago, to be able to export data from Litchi and from what I've seen, the data they provide is really good too.  So, I don't think you can go wrong with either platform.

• Like 1

THANKS to Dave and Scott.  Have loaded  the computer with both programmes yesterday and downloaded the flights etc into them. A little trouble getting the correct info about the batteries. but will be looking again this weekend. Certainly a lot of info there, more than what I need. Probably better to have too much than not enough.  Going to give both a good try out over the next few weeks. Once again thanks for your help.

On 9/5/2017 at 11:22 PM, ScottF said:

We have used DroneLogbook for well over a year and these guys have been awesome.  We've submitted questions to their support staff on a Friday afternoon and get a call from them a couple hours later working to resolve our issues or answer questions.  They have the best technical support hands down.   I also just started using Airdata.com, a couple days ago, to be able to export data from Litchi and from what I've seen, the data they provide is really good too.  So, I don't think you can go wrong with either platform.

I use DroneLogbook as well and have had a great experience with them to date. They have resolved any technical issues I threw at them in a matter of days. I personally fly with an iPad tablet and download everything via iTunes to my PC. That might be an option with an iPhone as well though I am not an expert in that area. It is worth a look.

On 9/3/2017 at 12:43 AM, thewomble said:

Thanks for the info. When you sync your files in the phone  the GROWTH OF VALUE is updated and  does it automatically sync your flights records to the DJI CLOUD.?

@thewomble - syncing phone/tablet to computer does not automatically sync flight records to DJI cloud. You have to do that from within the DJI GO app on your mobile device.