flyingmonkey

Flying Monkey Aerial Photography biggest challenge

Can't exactly say I have one singular big challenge with my gig, I honestly have had a few. For starters my current line of employment (US Army) does not always allow me to dive headlong into my venture. The secondary challenge right now is the FAA. Like most I'm patiently (I use that term loosely) waiting for my 333 to get approved. I've been doing a lot of pro-bono work trying to build a contact list so when it does get approved (hopefully) I can go full bore into it. I'm doing work under a separate 333 approved company so I can get my experience level up. Excited to see what this course has to offer.

Hey there, @flyingmonkey!

Thanks for this post. A few thoughts:

• LOVE that you're doing pro-bono work right now 1) to build up your experience and 2) to build up your email list. One thing you can keep in mind is how you might package each of these initial experiences together into a professionally-edited "demo reel." This will be a great way to show prospects in the future what you're capable of.
  • You wrote that the Army doesn't allow you to "dive headlong into my venture." What does that mean, though? Are you able to go ahead and launch a website, start adding content to it and optimizing it for search engines, writing blog posts, sharing what equipment you use, playing around with your positioning, etc.? That's something you can do on nights/weekends/your own time, and will let you push things forward NOW rather than waiting and having to do it all at once. Take it from someone who has designed dozens and dozens of websites over the last decade...this kind of stuff can take a while. Would love to help you map this out...

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I can agree on certain points.  I'm always learning how to improve. I'm slowly building a good following, especially when I show up for a "job" and I'm wearing a kilt. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1