Lucky Amoo

Training leads

This is my very first time on this platform and I would like to thank the brain behind this amazing initiative. Thank you, Alan! So I have been having sleepless nights on what I could do as a side gig while I am able to still keep my full time job and the thoughts of becoming a UAV pilot just flashed across my mind. I am very interested in starting this but I need folks' lead in finding an outstanding hands-on training online. Thanks for the anticipated suggestions and I am very happy to be a part of this community!

With gratitude,

Lucky

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

Welcome.  

Hopefully, someone from Texas will chime in.

Thanks Chuck. Actually, the recommendations does not necessarily have to come from someone in Texas since it would be online training anyways.

19 hours ago, Lucky Amoo said:

hands-on training online

That's an oxymoron, no?

There's hands-on / on-site / in-person training.

Then there's online training :)

What kind of "training" are you looking for, specifically?

1 hour ago, Alan Perlman said:

That's an oxymoron, no?

There's hands-on / on-site / in-person training.

Then there's online training :)

What kind of "training" are you looking for, specifically?

I meant something like a virtual hands-on training. I just need someone to teach me how to fly a UAV haha

On 9/16/2017 at 12:00 PM, Lucky Amoo said:

I meant something like a virtual hands-on training. I just need someone to teach me how to fly a UAV haha

Helpful, thank you. Check out this guide over here, happy to answer any specific questions you have. I highly recommend reading your user manual several times before flying. What model do you have?

https://uavcoach.com/how-to-fly-a-quadcopter-guide/

17 minutes ago, Alan Perlman said:

Helpful, thank you. Check out this guide over here, happy to answer any specific questions you have. I highly recommend reading your user manual several times before flying. What model do you have?

https://uavcoach.com/how-to-fly-a-quadcopter-guide/

Thanks for the information. I haven't bought one yet but I am looking to buy an inexpensive one while I see how the learning process goes.