Results from recent post processed kinematic GNSS on P4.

Happy to report I have automated the marriage of DJI image embedded position data with the events in a post processed reach PPK file. This one step ahead of 'normal' photogramettric processing can reduce distortion and the number of control points needed for a high quality (yes phantom 4 and high quality can be in the same sentence) orthomosaic.

figure_1-1.png

• Spatial Analytics changed the title to Results from recent post processed kinematic GNSS on P4.
  • 1 month later...

An easy to use post-processing kinematic software: EZSurv.

It can be use with a wide range of GNSS receivers including dual frequency or low cost L1 receiver (ex. ublox, Emlid). Even with low cost receiver, it can achieve fixed centimeter accuracy. It's great for GCP, but if you do not want to establish GCP, it also PPK the flight trajectory and interpolate positions for each photo according to its GPS time of capture.

Want to give it a try, here the link : http://effigis.com/ezsurv/

On 9/29/2017 at 12:23 AM, Spatial Analytics said:

Happy to report I have automated the marriage of DJI image embedded position data with the events in a post processed reach PPK file. This one step ahead of 'normal' photogramettric processing can reduce distortion and the number of control points needed for a high quality (yes phantom 4 and high quality can be in the same sentence) orthomosaic.

figure_1-1.png

I for one would like to do this.  Let me know if you are interested.

4 hours ago, Stephanie Gosselin said:

An easy to use post-processing kinematic software: EZSurv.

It can be use with a wide range of GNSS receivers including dual frequency or low cost L1 receiver (ex. ublox, Emlid). Even with low cost receiver, it can achieve fixed centimeter accuracy. It's great for GCP, but if you do not want to establish GCP, it also PPK the flight trajectory and interpolate positions for each photo according to its GPS time of capture.

Want to give it a try, here the link : http://effigis.com/ezsurv/

Hi Stephanie,  Do you have any tutorials or example workfows available?

Hi Dave,

The following video explains: How to configure EZSurv, PPK UAV files and interpolate photo positions.

It is a detailed video, especially for the configuration of the software (projection settings, geoid setting, set antenna height above camera, etc).

You may jump at 2:07 minutes where the workflow for PPK processing is explained.

EZSurv is all automated, so processing is very simple: load the flight and click on process. EZSurv does all the fine tuning according to your observations dataset in order to output the very best results possible.  

Thank you, @Stephanie Gosselin

I do not have a gnss receiver in hand yet but will probably be starting with the affordable Emlid Reach.  I will hold off on getting a trial of your software until then.  I'm new to this but automating the corrections sounds like a time saver.  Does the software use RTKLIB or your own code base?

I found the following licencing options, but no details on licencing costs.

Flexible Licensing

EZSurv can be licensed using a receiver Serial Number. This allows you to install the software on as many PCs as you want to process data from registered receivers (in native binary format). It can also be licensed on single PC using a software keycode. This allows you to process multiple datasets from different receivers on a single PC (although you can easily move the License on different PC). We have a PC-RINEX License (limited to RINEX format) as well as a PC-OPEN License to read any native raw data format.

Edited by Dave Pitman

Hi Dave,

EZSurv does not use RTKLIB, it uses our own code. EZSurv works directly with the native format (as opposed to RINEX format). Especially with low cost receiver, using the raw signal is for sure an advantage (raw signal provides more details than a RINEX file). Moreover, EZSurv does PPK-fixe with ublox since  2008, so we have a lot of experience processing ublox data. We have tuned the software to get the best out of the ublox data!

With the Emlid receiver, EZSurv OPEN is recommended. EZSurv by serial number is unfortunately not available since the ublox board are not serialised. EZSurv RINEX is also an option, if your environment is not challenging, losing details through the RINEX conversion may not affect much.

For further details on EZSurv please contact me at stephanie.gosselin@effigis.com

• 8 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 4:23 AM, Spatial Analytics said:

figure_1-1.png

Hi, what data from phantom 4 is used for ppk track process? Is the inner phantom 4 GPS log file needed, or put another GPS device on phantom 4 is needed to the process? Do you have a field workflow?

Best Regards.