Has anyone used DJI Ultimate Flight in place of the DJI Go flight control app? It's an independent developer (Not DJI) so I am unsure as to how good it is.

I'm reading ok reviews of it and it seems to do ok with a few additional functions.

Thanks Alan, me too. 

I made a purchase of Ultimate Flight as well as Litchi for Phantom/Inspire. Both apps failed to connect to the inspire and then my DJI Go app got a little buggy. 

Litchi and Ultimate Flight offer very similar features to the DJI Go platform with a few extras including:

- some extra functionality for waypoint flying - mark out your flight path and what camera functions you want to do at each waypoint.
- auto panoramic (include spheres)
- follow me (Litchi uses Litchi Leash which allows another person to carry a smart phone in their pocket while running Litchi Lease and the drone will track their movements - a work around for the current follow me which only tracks the RC).

But alas I can't get either to work and have gotten my money back for both. 

In all honesty, I think it adds to much automation. The best part of flying is the control you have and know my skills took those shots - not some app.

But, I'd still be interested to know if someone gets it to work for them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rylan Loemker said:

In all honesty, I think it adds to much automation. The best part of flying is the control you have and know my skills took those shots - not some app.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2016 at 6:38 AM, Rylan Loemker said:

Thanks Alan, me too. 

I made a purchase of Ultimate Flight as well as Litchi for Phantom/Inspire. Both apps failed to connect to the inspire and then my DJI Go app got a little buggy. 

Litchi and Ultimate Flight offer very similar features to the DJI Go platform with a few extras including:

- some extra functionality for waypoint flying - mark out your flight path and what camera functions you want to do at each waypoint.
- auto panoramic (include spheres)
- follow me (Litchi uses Litchi Leash which allows another person to carry a smart phone in their pocket while running Litchi Lease and the drone will track their movements - a work around for the current follow me which only tracks the RC).

But alas I can't get either to work and have gotten my money back for both. 

But, I'd still be interested to know if someone gets it to work for them.

I've had the DJI Ultimate Flight App for about a year and a half, I've used it over a hundred times on my Phantom 2 Vision+ and it works flawlessly. I know some folks have had problems getting their mobile devices to connect with the App, but once you have a good device it really works excellent. In addition to that, the apps creator (ken) will always answer questions pretty quickly and help anyone with whatever problem they may have. Like anything, you have to familiarize yourself with all the options with the app, but it really is good and the fact that the creator usually replies quickly is a plus.. Good Luck

• Like 2

I recently decided i would try litchi out since the SDK now supports phantom 3 STD as well as the others, i ran into major issues with it causing the video feed to drop not only from the wifi transmition to my device but actually on the SD card as well, there is apparently an issue with some of the third party apps as the DJI go app leaves a process open even when it is closed out, this causes a conflict resulting in some issues. I actually had this happen mid flight and was very concerned (though control and RC functioned fine). I even hard closed the process and the issue continued, after emailing them, and them responding i did not force close (which is what i call hard close, going in and manually shutting down the process not just through  the app manager) the dji go app, after uninstall of litchi back to full normal workings. 

That being said i am doing to test on another device with on litchi and see if that will be the best way to do it, i like a lot of the features to make life easier but i am with you there is just something to knowing how awesomely you can fly. 

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with DroneDeploy a few days ago, some kind of communications issue that caused my P3A to quit taking pictures in the middle of a mission.  I wonder if it was a remnant of the DJI Go app still running in the background.  Like Scott I maintained control, and the flight continued as planned, but without capturing images.

• Like 1

check out the videos Ken has on how to set up the Ultimate Flight v3. There are some things that need to be changed in "GO" to allow "multiple apps" to work. I haven't bought the app yet, but I think I will, if for nothing else, the ground station functions. I'm new to the game, so I go slow. :)