Long wait for Authorizations and Waivers

Hello everyone,I already submitted my first Airspace Authorization request about 100 days now.Sent them an email to help@faa.gov,they answered me that they are overwhelmed by the high  volume requests.Considering the job market,I'm sure that many pilots are frustrated like me.Can not earn a $ of it.I made 40 requests which will allow me to do commercial flies,nothing happened since that email.Anyone having the same frustration.My first request was made on June 6th/2017.At least they have to extend the validity period of our license,cause we are unable to use it.Thoughts

Hey Ricardo,

Yes, FAA Airspace Authorizations are now taking forever.  In fact, I finally contacted our U.S. Senator to see if they could light a fire under the FAA for us.  He's sparked the match with a Congressional inquiry.  So, we'll see if that get's me somewhere.  We have a Waiver request that is now way past 6 months and an Authorization request that is past 100 days.  The FAA has only assigned reference numbers to each without any further action.  It's pretty frustrating as you are aware.  

Another option you can consider using is to find a company that already has an FAA Authorization for the area that you need to fly in and see if they will allow you to fly under their Authorization.  I've seen it done in the past and with the correct process / supervision, it seems to work. 

Scott

Archived