Kristopher

Sheffield UK building my own fixed wing UAV

Welcome, Kristopher.

Although I'm a moderator I don't speak for the forum or anyone else for that matter.  I don't want any new member to feel they don't belong here.

If your wanting to design and build a fixed wing for commercial applications and the advice you're looking for is related to the application of the fixed wing then this forum is a great resource for that.   

If you're looking for advice on how to build the fixed wing then there are probably better forums with more interaction from people focused on building aircraft.  I'm sure there are people on this forum who are more than qualified to help, but it's been my experience when you get excited about building something the pace at which you can get the information you need can have a profound effect on your success. 

So I hope you become an active member here, I'm sure everyone would like to hear about your progress.

8 hours ago, Kristopher said:

I'm hoping people with experience can give me some hints and tell me where you've made mistakes and what you've learnt 

Welcome @Kristopher to the forum. I also intend to build a fixed wing UAV. I would likely use the Pixhawk 2.1 flight controller and Ardupilot open source software since I used the original Pixhawk and Ardupilot software on my multi rotor UAVs. I've been following this guy's videos in preparation for the build and so thought that you also might find them useful.

It looks like his made 8 out of the 9 videos so far.

Edited by Spitfire76