ScottF

Night jump into stadium

This is the downside of Google searches, there's no context to the search.  Many of those articles are more than two years old. Two years ago the media hyperbole had terrosists strapping thermal nuclear devices to Phantoms and killing thousands of people.  

You made a valid point that hobbyists probably wouldn't think about running into a skydiver over a stadium, but when you consider the number of idiots that own drones the percentage of airspace incursions is remarkably low, and the number of stadiums that have people skydiving into them at any given moment, what do you think the odds are that they would run into each other?

Don't feed into the paranoia.  Last night in LA on the Fox 11 news they opened with a story about how terrorist want to use drone's to attack airliners.  They interview passengers and "FAA experts" about how catastrophic it would be and they show YouTube footage of a drone firing a pistol.  REALLY!  Must be sweeps week.

2 hours ago, Av8Chuck said:

Don't feed into the paranoia.  Last night in LA on the Fox 11 news they opened with a story about how terrorist want to use drone's to attack airliners.  They interview passengers and "FAA experts" about how catastrophic it would be and they show YouTube footage of a drone firing a pistol.  REALLY!  Must be sweeps week.

Pistol huh? If it was that big a threat then someone here would have done it already. Wonder what the media qualification for expert is?

On 11/10/2017 at 9:17 AM, Av8Chuck said:

Don't feed into the paranoia.  

@Av8Chuck based on your comment above, I think you're taking my post a little more literally than I intended.  My intent was more inline with the other comment you made when you said, "You made a valid point that hobbyists probably wouldn't think about running into a skydiver over a stadium..."   Again, the point I was trying to make was more along the lines of, "all pilots need to check the airspace for TFRs before they fly using one of several apps that we've all talked about in these forums (AirMap, Skyward, etc)" and here's an extreme example".  Thanks for poking at my post to force me to clarify.

4 minutes ago, ScottF said:

They mentioned this morning that the recent space shot was delayed 24 hours because a manned pilot violated the TFR. Guess we aren't the only one's that need to be checking the status on TFR's before flight...