Sign in to follow this  
DivenParker

Some tips of diy a fast drone

Recommended Posts

Here, I share my experience about how to diy a fast drone. In the past, I used QAV 250 frame equip with 1806 motors and 3S Lipo battery can fly very fast; and now I use 2205/2305 motor, come with small and light frame, DALRC6045 propeller, the speed get 185km/h. It is very important to choos your drone parts, these are my experience of how to choose drone parts?

5a050754de3b8_howtobuildfastquadcopter05.jpg.0406ed309c1f22e84feb389c3b4d9aa6.jpg

Motor:

I have used many different motors, and these are some of I used. 

  • 2205 motors: equip with dalrc5045 3 propeller, their thrust is about 1200g(motor’s weight is about 30g, 4 motor is 120g)
  • 2206 motors: I have used it, the weight is too heavy, hard to turn the corner, and the speed is not increased significantly;
  • 2305 motors: this is my new test motors, and the thrust is very good, they’re super smooth and have a good power!

For choosing drone motors, I think T-motor is better than others, most racing pilots are choosing their motor.

Frame:

I have three requirements for select the frame:

  • Light weight;
  • Small wind resistance;
  • Strong and solid;

In the past, I sued dalrc220 frame because it is strong and solid, and needn’t consider the weight, now I like the new frame xr220, because it is light, strong solid and small wind resistance. If you don't know frame or how to choose frame, you can read this guide: Quadcopter Frame Sizes Guide

ESC:

I think the most ESCs have no difference, the program are similar, you just need consider the price. I’m using the 30SA ESCs, in order to match my 2305 2450KV motors.

Battery:

To flight fast, a good lipo battery is very important; low C rate can’t discharge high current, if you want to flight fast, you need at least 60C or more lipo battery. How to choose high discharge rate lipo battery? I recommend you can choose this Tattu drone lipo battery, best power delivery, autonomy, reliability, long life and less sag than any other lipos, and most FPV pilots are using their battery.

I have built many FPV quadcopter, and this is one of my FPV quadcopter’s build parts;

  • Frame: XR 220;
  • Motor: T-MOTOR 2305 motor
  • Propeller: dalrc 5045 3 blade propeller;
  • ESC: BLHeli_S 30 AMP ESC;
  • Camera: Hsh1177;
  • Lipo Battery: 1300mAh 4S 75C Lipo battery;
  • Flight Control: F3.

What do you think about these? Do you have any other tips to add?

5a050773dee3f_howtobuildfastquadcopter04.jpg.511650c53e1305ce8c9eed84f4ae13ac.jpg

5a0507730691c_howtobuildfastquadcopter03.jpg.af0c8517b8c98d613159c1d025306e86.jpg

 

Edited by DivenParker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DivenParker said:

Here, I share my experience about how to diy a fast drone. In the past, I used QAV 250 frame equip with 1806 motors and 3S Lipo battery can fly very fast; and now I use 2205/2305 motor, come with small and light frame, DALRC6045 propeller, the speed get 185km/h. It is very important to choos your drone parts, these are my experience of how to choose drone parts?

Thanks for sharing your FPV build. I agree with you recommendation for batteries. I just recently replaced some old Turnigy batteries that I purchased from HobbyKing awhile back with both Tattu and Gens Ace. Their USA location is not too far from me in Dublin, CA so I get fast delivery. I also believe that they offer pickup from that location.

I didn't see in your post what radio you are using. I have a FrSky Taranis X9D running  OpenTX 2.2. Although I don't fly FPV yet I believe a lot of FPV pilots use these radios. I mainly purchase any FrSky gear from https://alofthobbies.com which also happens to be located in Northern California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Spitfire76 said:

Thanks for sharing your FPV build. I agree with you recommendation for batteries. I just recently replaced some old Turnigy batteries that I purchased from HobbyKing awhile back with both Tattu and Gens Ace. Their USA location is not too far from me in Dublin, CA so I get fast delivery. I also believe that they offer pickup from that location.

I didn't see in your post what radio you are using. I have a FrSky Taranis X9D running  OpenTX 2.2. Although I don't fly FPV yet I believe a lot of FPV pilots use these radios. I mainly purchase any FrSky gear from https://alofthobbies.com which also happens to be located in Northern California.

Thanks for your reply, I mainly talk about how to build a fast drone so I didn't mention the radio, thanks for your advice on radio.  And ask you a question about lipo: you said you use Tattu lipo because tattu is not too far from you? are there any other reasons? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DivenParker said:

you said you use Tattu lipo because tattu is not too far from you? are there any other reasons? 

Apart from being relatively local to me I like their 

  • prices
  • large choice

I guess they can offer the above as they mainly sell batteries. Another company that I recently purchased from and just happens to be down the road from me is 

https://www.masterairscrew.com

These guys just make propellers for model aircraft and drones including ones for FPV racing. I like that the props are not expensive and are balanced at the factory. 

Edited by Spitfire76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this