Hi all, Received my Airman Cert 6 weeks ago, just starting work for filming Real Estate, commercial and residential. Doing some work for filmmakers as well. Got a Phantom Pro 4, so far so good. Pretty easy to fly with lots of help from fellow PP4 owners and youtube!

Based in Annapolis.

Will say its pretty tricky flying around here with gads of restricted airspace!

yep this is a tough area and I check the be4ufly app plus the FAA UAS map AND the FAA sectional chart (and TFR's etc).  Can not fly in the Wash. DC FRZ but outside the 15 mile ring there are  procedures for UAS that can fly up 400' subject to other TRF's, airspace etc. We also have lots of military areas.

So, yes lots of restrictions but lots of areas still "flyable". Most of my missions are 200' or less.

Where are you located?

That's not what it shows.  It shows the altitude that you may be able to get approval for when applying for an airspace authorization.  It aids the FAA contractor who is reviewing your request to help him or her determine the areas that the local facility has deemed reasonable for approval.  However, that map is most definitely NOT an authorization to fly at all.

@Ed O'Grady is correct.  Is the FAA not requiring knowledge of what the uas facility maps are and what they are not for new pilots?

UAS Facility Maps

• Maps show the maximum altitudes around airports where the FAA may authorize part 107 UAS operations without additional safety analysis. The maps should be used to inform requests for part 107 airspace authorizations and waivers in controlled airspace.

NOTE: These maps DO NOT authorize operations in these areas at the depicted altitudes – they are for informational purposes ONLY.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/uas_facility_maps/

Thanks @Dave Pitmanfor posting that.  The Federal Government moves in very slow ways and I doubt that the Part 107 testing now includes that.  As you have noticed I'm sure, there have been several folks here who have misunderstood exactly what those maps are for and I can understand how that may have happened.  Maybe access to those maps should be made available as part of the Airspace Authorization process only, since that is the only reason they exist.  Just a thought.

Some will argue that it should just be that simple for 107 certificate holders and I wish it were.  It would make my life Soooo much easier here.  And what's even more confusing, in my area the facility maps as they go out from my local airport, show 200 agl limits in Class G airspace. What's that about!

My point there was that the UAS Facility maps extended into Class G here with limits where there was no need for authoriztion to begin with!  Nobody ever said this would be easy!  And as I mentioned, it might be best that those maps only be visible to airspace authorization applicants only.  Not to keep it cloaked, but simply to avoid confusion since it is only really for guidance to applicants.