Hey all, 

I need some help figuring out why my video is very choppy when I try to play it back on my computer. I attached a video I took yesterday. The DJI Phantom 3 Pro takes really nice pictures and the video seems nice too, but I am at a loss as to what is going on during playback. I have the video set on 4K at 24fps and am trying to play it back on my Mac.

Thanks, 

Chris 

plays ok in my computer. I had the same problem with my first P3P, my comp was too slow for 4k. Try recording in 1080p, or you can always buy a faster computer :S!

Edited by Uaviator53

Yeah 4K is massive to process. When I edit video, I create proxies in low res which make chopping etc really quick. Once I am done I then bring back in the original 4K clips and do my final colouration etc.

There really isn't a need for your final to be in 4K when most TVs are set at 1080p as well as anything you post on social media.

Note: I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad for my editing so it's obviously not the best for editing video but it's all I have for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rylan Loemker said:

There really isn't a need for your final to be in 4K when most TVs are set at 1080p as well as anything you post on social media.

I wish more people understood this :)

The only thing I like about shooting in 4K is the ability to zoom and crop without losing out on quality.

• Like 1