Need some help understanding if filling out a UOA Notice on www.800wxbrief.com is the same as creating a NOTAM? Or does one also need to call in a NOTAM?

"Per Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) direction, a NOTAM should be filed for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operations intended for commercial purposes, and for UAS operations that will be within National Airspace System. To file a NOTAM for your UAS operation contact Leidos Flight Service at 1-877-487-6867"

As part of a request for authorization to fly in a Class B area, I plan on promising to file a NOTAM 24 hours prior to flying. Want to understand the process so hopefully the group can explain the best way to do this. 

Thanks

Edited by Fotomon
left word out

A UOA notice is fine, include that in your application if you like.  It is not the same as a NOTAM and you don't want to say anything about a NOTAM in you request.  If the FAA wants you to provide a NOTAM they will specify that in the COA. But it is very unlikely that they will.  NOTAMs were usually part of the process to fly in controlled airspace under 333 but I have not had an authorization under 107 that has called for a NOTAM.  I have also not offered to file an UOA either, but that is up to you.

11 hours ago, Fotomon said:

Need some help understanding if filling out a UOA Notice on www.800wxbrief.com is the same as creating a NOTAM? Or does one also need to call in a NOTAM?

"Per Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) direction, a NOTAM should be filed for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) operations intended for commercial purposes, and for UAS operations that will be within National Airspace System. To file a NOTAM for your UAS operation contact Leidos Flight Service at 1-877-487-6867"

As part of a request for authorization to fly in a Class B area, I plan on promising to file a NOTAM 24 hours prior to flying. Want to understand the process so hopefully the group can explain the best way to do this. 

Thanks

If you are going to file a NOTAM do so here:

https://notams.aim.faa.gov/en2/

You do have to register the first time and be approved by their administrator before you can start using the service (no charge). You can file up to three days in advance. Include the COA# in the comments. Filing a NOTAM is not required unless specifically specified in your COA. I do it anyway for every flight.

Thanks guys. I spent some time on the www.800wxbrief.com site last night running through all the How To vids they have. 

(I'm already registered). Under the UOA section it says: 

"Leidos provides an Automated UAS NOTAM Service that generates and submits NOTAMs for UOAs.

When registered for this service, with each UOA you submit you will have the option to have the service generate and submit the appropriate UAS NOTAM(s)."

Sounds like I wouldn't have to call or go anywhere else to file a NOTAM. BUT, still need to see if it only happens when I input a COA referencing number. 

I still believe it will be best to offer the NODAM in my application for Authorization. Filing that today.