Chroma Blade with 1080 camara

Have less then an hour flying my Quad. Was hovering at 4 feet and prop flew off, Quad hit pavement and broke off motor pod. Contacted Tech Support (They have been fantastic) and they sent me Quad frame and 4 props. Switched all the parts from broken frame to new frame. Calbrated Quad and made sure the props were secure. Powered up Quad and the prop flew off again. This prop turns counter-clockwise. Secured prop again, powered up and prop flew off. Motor was very hot to touch. Contacted Tech Support and they sent me new motor. Replaced motor, powered up and motor started smoking, and got real hot. Contacted Tech Support and they instructed me to send Quad to thier Tech's. This issue will be resolved with a new Quad, or a repaired Quad. The Tech on the phone stated this could be caused by a problem with the motherboard, and not the motor. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on what is going on.

• 1 month later...

I love my Chroma...I was talking with some excited kids who thought it was cool as i was trying to land....I didn't power down the motors enough and it started to tip so I powered it off quickly......which quickly stopped the motors.....when i went to pick it up, one of the props fell off.....I can only theorize that powering off the motors without being in or near the the slowest speed can completely loosen the prop from the motor when the prop stops suddenly from spinning so fast........I was lucky and this was a big learning experience for me....Now I always wind down my motors and make sure I'm idle in the slowest speed before powering off completely.....not sure if it's relevant here but thought I'd mention it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The problem with my Quad turned out to be my motherboard. The speed control electronics on my left front motor was bad which caused the motor to stop, thus throwing the prop off. Sent to Horizon, they fixed my Quad at no charge. Works great no problems.

• Like 1