Hey everyone, my name is Cody. I live in the Chicago area. My drone is a mavic pro. My drone-goals are two pronged. I'm looking for a place to collaborate and learn from as I create a successful aerial imaging solutions company. The other prong is to share and get feedback on the cool shots I capture. My background and passion are in photography, and through photography I've found a love to fly drones.

I'll attach a shot from my trip to the Ozarks!

Here's my website

Can anyone point me in the best direction to learn about experiences with Thumbtack and/or DroneBase missions?

-Cody

realizingoutloud@gmail.com

IMG_9698.JPG

Hi Cody!  I'm new to this site too for 3 weeks now and I've noticed that not a single soul seems to 'welcome' newbies like us when we introduce ourselves.  So I am making it my goal to say hello and welcome to the forum to anyone who joins.  I hope you'll join me.

Hello Cody, and welcome to the UAV Coach forum!

7 hours ago, Ray Kaforey said:

I'm new to this site too for 3 weeks now and I've noticed that not a single soul seems to 'welcome' newbies like us when we introduce ourselves.

Hello Ray, your are right, long time members like myself are not doing a good job in welcoming newcomers to this forum and so thanks for the wakeup call. @Alan Perlman did a great job in forming this community and I have definitely learn't a lot from it since first joining in January of 2016. I'll take your lead on this and in the future try to add a welcome post to new members of the forum - Richard,

Edited by Spitfire76

Hi Richard!  I can't thank you enough for the great response. I appreciate it!

Looking forward to learning from you and the many other drone enthusiasts!

Take care!

Ray

Hey @Realizing Out Loud - welcome aboard Cody. I used to live just north of Chicago. 

@Ray Kaforey - you're right, we need to do a better job welcoming newcomers. I've been preoccupied with a deluge of work recently, not an excuse, just reality for me lately. Glad to see you in here and helping welcome newcomers, thank you!

• Like 1

I truly appreciate that Steve and I'm truly excited to learn from so many enthusiasts and professionals of all levels.  Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute value to the community.

• Like 1

Great to see that this post generated a great welcome. Much appreciated everyone! 

I've been pointed initially to the Chicago Area Drone Users Meet Up. Hope to see anyone in the area who can make it. 

Chicago Area Drone User Group
Invite a friend
Simply forward this email to a friend and have them join the Meetup.
event-when.gif
Saturday, March 17, 2018
at 12:00 PM
event-where.gif
Ned Brown Meadow
South side of Golf Road, east of Interstate 290...

Elk Grove Village, IL