MMCompton

Best sUAS conference for commercial pilots?

Hello,

Is there a "best" sUAS/drone tech conference?  I see a few advertised, and am wondering whether any are worth attending or if some are better than others.    My primary interest is business and technology tracks, but some hobbyist stuff is of interest too. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can only speak to InterDrone in Las Vegas as it was the first/only one I have attended.  The variety of tracks and speakers was terrific.  Not only were most on a level for independent or small businesses, but if I popped in on one that was irrelevant to me or over my head, it was easy to peek in to another.  The length of each workshop/presentation was also attractive.  I want to say maybe 45 minutes or so, as presenters really had to be laser-like to fit in what was most relevant.
My recollection is that there were not hobby-related presentations (e.g., racing).  On the other hand, there were many participants who were not licensed, yet still received exceptional insights as it's still all about the UAS/drones, fascinating possibilities and connecting with leaders and enthusiasts.  I had a ball, learned so much, made new connections and will return this year.  It is being sponsored by a new group I'm told, so do not know what will be different.  ..."and that's all I have to say about that." Forrest Gump

@MMCompton Like the above, I attended inter drone last year. It was very good and very well done.  Got some great ideas for building my drone business from it and met some great connections.  For me, I think it is something I will try and attend every other year. I am not sure the cost of the conference, flights, hotel, etc is something I can justify as a cost-benefit every year. 

Hope that helps and gives you a bit more insight.