Drone crash at Apple Park

Is there some anti-drone device at Apple Park or was it the reflected heat from the solar panels that took down this guys drone that decided it was a good idea to fly over their campus without permission?. Seems he contacted the drone guy that was commissioned by Apple to document the construction and this is his video searching for the fallen P4 (apart from the crashing bit that's from the guy's phone) 

Edited by Spitfire76
13 minutes ago, Dave Pitman said:

Okay, no worries.  I don't think Apple had any part in it but just wanted to see if you had heard something different.

This seems to be the video company that produced those Apple campus videos.

http://mvrksolutions.com

They use them for their demo reel so I would imagine that they must have had some agreement with Apple.

Edited by Spitfire76

That's the same guy.  I don't believe Apple had anything to do with it.    I would guess if Apple hired someone to document progress, they would own the exclusive rights.  Just a guess on my part, admittedly.  But I can't imagine Apple doing it any other way really. 

I don't think California has any regulations in place about flying over non-public property do they?  Why would you think he needs permission?  He is obviously not hiding and Apple is not concerned, it seems.  

Asking for permission would be nice, but not required absent regulations to that effect, much to the chagrin of Airmap, btw as they want to market personal NFZs.

Edited by Dave Pitman

I agree and don't believe they necessarily violated Part107, however they did use Apple Park as part of their promotional video, that would be a trademark infringement if they were trying to imply that Apple endorsed their work.  

My guess is that Apple gave them permission either directly or through a prime contractor.  I can't imagine they would use a customers footage without permission.  

Pretty nice facility.

I guess this brings up again the whole topic of how much airspace if any does a property owner actually own. Taking off and landing on private land must surely requires a land owner's permission. If that's the case then what about crashing ?. Isn't that just an unplanned landing and if on private land would it not be considered trespassing ?. A risk a pilot would need to take even if permission is not required to fly over private property.

Edited by Spitfire76