Sign in to follow this  
Spitfire76

$99 Tello Drone

Announced at this year's CES this "toy drone" looks like it could be a great introduction to the world of drones for kids and adults without spending a lot of money ($99). Its not a DJI drone but apparently contains some DJI technology as well as some from Intel. It also has a SDK so it could be good to use for STEM education.

https://www.ryzerobotics.com/

Looks like it will be shipping this month (March). There are several reviews on YouTube, here is one from FliteTest

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/dji-tello-the-99-drone-from-dji

Edited by Spitfire76

On 8/2/2018 at 1:14 PM, Eric Morgan said:

well for $99 I think it will be a good practice drone.

I agree! It also takes quality shots so you could practice taking videos also.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:24 PM, ryanolivas said:

I agree! It also takes quality shots so you could practice taking videos also.

I actually purchased a secondhand from my friend because he already have a P4 and his tello was already unused for 3 months now. He sold it for $40 and I think it's really worth it. The videos is fine as long as you don't take it from too high.

On 8/13/2018 at 12:58 PM, Eric Morgan said:

I actually purchased a secondhand from my friend because he already have a P4 and his tello was already unused for 3 months now. He sold it for $40 and I think it's really worth it. The videos is fine as long as you don't take it from too high.

How about the GPS tracker does it already have a built-in in it?

1 hour ago, Aushim Relemton said:

How about the GPS tracker does it already have a built-in in it?

It doesn't have one but I attached an external GPS on it and so far it can easily manage the weight of the external GPS.

I’ve tried this drone and I think that for the price, it’s a good quality drone that works perfectly. I really recommend it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Appvalley AC Market Tweakbox

Edited by tokyo99