chiefoh

Doesn't anyone have an X-Star?!?!

I got an X-Star second hand and it's really easy to use, but I'm surprised there are no other threads how to expand use of them.
Other than real estate I'm finding there are draw backs to the X-Star not having third party mapping or modeling software. Or is there something I'm not aware of. 
Seems the DJI market has them hands down there. 

2 hours ago, chiefoh said:

I got an X-Star second hand and it's really easy to use, but I'm surprised there are no other threads how to expand use of them.

I almost got one last year when Autelrobotics was refunding the $150 Part 107 test fee for anyone purchasing an X-Star. The reviews looked good and the company had a good reputation for US based customer support but then they announced at last year's CES camera upgrades for the X-Star Premium but they never materialized. Again at this year CES they announced the EVO which looks impressive but there is still no sign of a release date or confirmation of pricing. Like other companies (3DR, GoPro) they must find it difficult to compete with the likes of DJI but I hope they are successful with the EVO.

3 hours ago, chiefoh said:

Other than real estate I'm finding there are draw backs to the X-Star not having third party mapping or modeling software.

They did release a SDK but I don't know if it went the same way as the new cameras or if its still available. 3rd party developers would need to sign up.

https://dev.autelrobotics.com

No doubt it's a bummer, it's such a nice drone with only using it for video & pics for real estate. I tried submitting photos to Dronedeploy but without the correct file tags it doesn't stitch.