"If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water." - Loren Eiseley

I cross the 'wrong-way bridge' in Cambridge most days of the week. With a morning mist settled over the Lamoille River, I stopped to grab a few shots from the air. What I didn't realize at the time - perhaps not even until I edited this entry - is that the water would be my subject.

Thank you! Yeah, I think as UAV cinematographers/photographers, we get so consumed with altitude, we tend to forget to check in with subjects up close. A drone can provide perspectives and/or access to these persons, places or things you might not otherwise be privy to if you were to shoot with a traditional camera. I'm endeavoring to capture more of these kinds of subjects this year.

The beauty of nature at its finest. Such a unique way of filming. And the way how the drone rotated from above was sensational. May I know what kind of drone and camera are you using? 

• Like 1

Hi Donna and Ryan: I shot this using the DJI Mavic Pro, with PolarPro Cinema filters. Edited and color corrected in Premiere; graded using Ground Control's Falcon LUTs. And yes, like most aerial photographers/videographers, I pulled over to shoot landscapes. But I quickly discovered my subject was at a much lower altitude. Glad you enjoyed it and hope to have inspired you in some small measure! -Alex

On 4/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, ryanolivas said:

Wow nice. It inspired me on making art videos. But about the mavic, do you have any other attachments to it? 

what do you suggest? i'm a beginner and im looking for important attachments for my drone too

11 minutes ago, Donna Eastman said:

what do you suggest? i'm a beginner and im looking for important attachments for my drone too

I recommend a gps tracking device if you want to secure your drone. 

If you're a beginner, just practice flying. Today's prosumer-level UAVs don't need any additional attachments, but those that do are usually reserved for more experienced pilots who want to improve their flight or enhance their shots. That said, the only attachments I have for my Mavic are PolarPro's Cinema filters.

• Like 1