Hello everyone, I'm submitting this clip for the Final Project Submission and Graduation course review.

I have used FCPX for editing the footage shot with DJI Phantom 4 Pro.

Footage is in 4K resolution

I wanted to use some editing methods such as speed ramp , music/clip sync, and some of the zoom cuts.

I decided to use Dubstep music to give the footage some energy-like vibe.

I decided to shoot the marina which is close by the place I live for the really great area views and seascapes.

I always learn something new while editing in FCPX . Various speed ramps, color grading using Color Finale and LUTs, cutting the best footage to the music vibe and more.

Hope you all like it!

Hopefully this time I can get the diploma ;)

Thanks for watching!

Nice work.

Liked the transitions, edited well to the music, overall color looks good.  If you want to amp up the energy not only do you need a broader variety of shots but also a variety of different types of shots.  I would have liked to have seen some medium close ups of the boats in the marina, fly under the bridge, a reveal of the harbor from around the hotel or large building close to the marina, and the occasional "crane" shot - up and over something.

Your flying was great but DJI gimbals suffer from crooked horizon syndrome, it usually happens when yawing and you had some of it as well.  Not a lot you can do about it on the drone but you can pan and scan it level a bit in post.  

Thanks for sharing 

2 minutes ago, Av8Chuck said:

Nice work.

Liked the transitions, edited well to the music, overall color looks good.  If you want to amp up the energy not only do you need a broader variety of shots but also a variety of different types of shots.  I would have liked to have seen some medium close ups of the boats in the marina, fly under the bridge, a reveal of the harbor from around the hotel or large building close to the marina, and the occasional "crane" shot - up and over something.

Your flying was great but DJI gimbals suffer from crooked horizon syndrome, it usually happens when yawing and you had some of it as well.  Not a lot you can do about it on the drone but you can pan and scan it level a bit in post.  

Thanks for sharing 

Thanks for the advice! 

@Daniel Vavrecka

Job well done! I am impressed. Great use of transitions especially when it comes to matching a type of transition with the shot's movement. I second @Av8Chuck's comments with having a bit more variety. Some shots were repetitive and long but I do like how on a few shots you chopped them up with a transition just to make it more dynamic. I rarely see people do that, and it shows you are thinking outside the box I think.

The music worked well and overall, I don't have more comments than that if you can believe it! Definitely keep flying and practicing getting close-ups and stuff and when you integrate those into future videos you will see how much more dynamic you can make the edit.

-Christian

9 hours ago, Christian Tucci said:

@Daniel Vavrecka

Job well done! I am impressed. Great use of transitions especially when it comes to matching a type of transition with the shot's movement. I second @Av8Chuck's comments with having a bit more variety. Some shots were repetitive and long but I do like how on a few shots you chopped them up with a transition just to make it more dynamic. I rarely see people do that, and it shows you are thinking outside the box I think.

The music worked well and overall, I don't have more comments than that if you can believe it! Definitely keep flying and practicing getting close-ups and stuff and when you integrate those into future videos you will see how much more dynamic you can make the edit.

-Christian

Thank you Cristian!

Really means a lot! I tried some editing techniques I haven’t before and that’s really what makes it more interesting for me about editing. I will definitely keep improving the close-ups and other effects with my future projects. 

Daniel